Chapter 27: Best Friend Approval

I said goodbye to my parents, not caring if it was my last. And headed back out to Franks house. I decided there was no point going back to school, by the time we got back there class would basically be over anyway. "Kira, I'm going to head to Franks house." I thought about my next question for a moment. "Would you maybe want to come?" I asked her hopefully. I didn't really want to be on my own right now. "Ew, Jas! That's my math teachers house!" She began. "I guess it'd be cool to see where he lives." She smirked. I laughed and we hailed a cab to take us.

Within minutes we had arrived, I remembered Frank giving me the spare keys, Im assuming these would now be my keys? I let us both in and put my cases to one side. "Holy shit, this is amazing! Fair play Jas, he definitely could afford to give me that ten grand." She said, sitting down. "Kira... " I started. "Are you actually going to take the money?" I asked hesitantly. She rolled her eyes and followed me into the kitchen. "Of course not, I wouldn't let him give me a penny, fuck that. I don't need any favours off him. He needs it a lot more now with a kid on the way!"

Roughly two hours later, I heard Franks car pull up on the drive. I could hear him cursing to himself outside the door. He saw me and ran over to me "I forgot you had a key." He smiled at me, walking over to me and kissing my cheek. "Gross." Kira whispered as Frank and I chuckled.

"Hey Kira. Considering you were planning to rip my balls off earlier, you'll forgive me for being so surprised to see you here now." He said hesitantly. Kira just rolled her eyes and turned away from him.

"Actually Frank, we went to visit my parents. You should've been there, she spoke very highly of you." I told him. He gave her a sarcastic look and began to smile, he looked so smug. "Don't flatter yourself Iero, I still hate you for how you treated her in the first place. I can definitely see why Jas had such an interest in a hottie like you though." She smirked. Me and Frank shared a look, did she just hit on Frank? My Frank?! "Wow, as flattering as that is, Kira. I only go for one girl at a time, also I don't tend to go for girls who hate me. Besides, I'm taken for life now." Frank smiled, winking at me. God, he's beautiful. "I wasn't hitting on you! You're not that great, I was simply giving you a compliment. Take it or leave it." She said bitterly, but I could tell she was joking around. "Well thank you, I'm getting old, I'll take all the compliments I can get!"

"You're not that old, Frank. You're only 18 years older than me..." I trailed off. Kira let out a loud laugh. "Damn Iero, you're right. You are old!" She laughed. Frank let out a slight laugh too.

"By the way Frank, I hope you don't mind... I asked Kira to be Godmother." I told him hesitantly. "I knew you would. Of course I don't have a problem with it." He smiled, kissing me. "Ew ew ew ew okay nope. Jas i'm happy for you and everything but this is where I have to leave. It's too weird. I'll see you guys tomorrow!" She laughed, and left the house. Frank and I started laughing at her reaction. "Well Iero, you've got the best friend approval!" I said enthusiastically. He smiled and rolled his eyes and walked back into the living room. "Like I'd ever let something like that get in the way of something I want."

All of a sudden I felt a strong pain go through to bottom of my stomach. Was that a kick? No, kicks don't hurt, right? It went away almost immediately so I brushed it off as nothing. What could possibly go wrong?