Chapter 30: End Of School

It was the end of the school day, Frank and I were in his classroom, I was taking down display boards while he was finishing up some marking. "Frank do you have anything I can use to get these staples out the wall?" He told me to get something out the cupboard in his classroom, I was in there no more than 30 seconds before the classroom door opened.

"Frank, I think we need to have a chat." The head came into the classroom, I walked deeper into the cupboard. "Sure, what's up?" Frank replied, closing a book he was marking. "I've heard rumours about you and a student, Frank you've done this shit before and I've let it slide. But you've been caught by other teachers and students. It's the end of the line for you, Frank." I felt my heart race as he was talking. He couldn't be getting rid of Frank, he couldn't! "Sir, I know I've fucked up, but this time she isn't even a student here anymore, and she's of legal age! There's nothing wrong with what we're doing!"

"For fuck sake Iero, I've had enough. When she leaves for good you're just going to find someone else! I know you are. Where is she now, huh?! I bet you don't even know. You've broke her heart and now she's gone off to find someone better which is what you're going to do too, with another fucking student! I know your game, Iero." He proclaimed. An idea quickly came into my head. I just hoped Frank would go a long with it. I quickly swapped my ring that was on my index finger and put it on my ring finger, walking out of the cupboard.

"As a matter of fact, Sir. I'm right here, Frank and I are still together, happily, at that. And guess what?" I said, holding out my left hand so he could see the ring. Frank smiled at me, indicating that he knew what I was doing. "This still doesn't excuse your behaviour, Mr Iero. This girl must still have been a student when you got together. And as you know, it's not allowed. You can work to the end of the school year and after that, you're done.

"Sir, with all do respect. I know about what Frank used to get up to, and I know that I may have been a student when Frank and I started talking. But that's all we were doing. If you can show me a shred of evidence to suggest otherwise then We'll both leave. This is the first incident that has been reported by a teacher or student. No one has to know about the others. Please let him keep his job?" I begged. After that, the head rolled his eyes and left the room again. That's apparently how me and Frank work now. I look after him, and he looks after me.