Chapter 15: Overthinking

It had been three days and I had gone back to the same shitty feeling. I had no reply from Frank. I still had my phone, my parents hadn't even noticed it was gone. I sat staring at the wall, hoping for Franks name to at least come up on my phone...

"Oh Jasmine will you stop with this stupid attitude of yours! You love and you lose, get over it!" My Mom came in, ranting to me once again. "Mother you seem to be forgetting that without you I'd still be loved, I'd still be happy. I wouldn't have lost him if it weren't for you!" I yelled back. She rolled her eyes at me and left. I quickly began sobbing into my pillow.

Over the past few weeks I couldn't help thinking that my parents might have saved me. Yes, I'm hurting but I might be better off without him, I couldn't help but think that he might treat me like that again if I ever found him. Maybe my parents were doing me a favour after seeing how hurt I was last time.

I was scrolling through my social media when I saw an ad come up from a band fanpage, it was a link to another interview with Frank. I couldn't help my curiosity, I opened the link and found a long article about Franks new career with a video of an interview at the end...

I watched the interview for 3 minutes until the interviewer started talking about family life... "Na I'm not really dating right now, I've got a lot of stuff going on with my music right now and I don't really have time for dating. I'm over here in the states now and I'm ready for a committed relationship, I don't want to go on petty dates anymore I just wanna find a real girl who will love me for me." I began crying as I watched the rest of the interview. He found me, and he let me go, I even told him a few days ago that I missed him! Maybe I'm just not supposed to be the girl to change him...

I spent the rest of the day in bed, I didn't want to do anything anymore. In a way, I'm glad I'm home schooled, Frank was the only person at the school who made me feel like I wanted to be there.

The day soon turned into night and I thought I should at least try to sleep. I went onto Spotify and typed in Franks name, one of the first results that came up was his newest song, "She's the prettiest girl at the party..." I pressed play, remembering one of the first times I had got myself into trouble with Frank, when I talked about a party. Good times. Before I knew him.