Chapter 13: Explanations

I lay in my room, curled up on the top of my bed, thinking about what I could've had with Frank. I miss him so much, I've never really felt this feeling.

I love him.

I felt tears starting to fall down my face. Every time I closed my eyes I could see his smile, his sharp eyes glaring into my soul. His tattooed hand pulling his ruffled hair away from his face. I missed him so much it was like I heard the roar of an engine outside my house, I knew I was probably just imagining it so I didn't bother looking. In the next few seconds there was a knock at the front door. I got out of bed and stood at the top of the stairs. "What the Hell do you want?" My Dad asked the person standing there. "I need to talk to-" It was Frank. He was cut off by my mother. "You're not going anywhere near Jasmine again!" She told him. "I don't want to talk to Jasmine, I want to talk to you. Her parents." My parents let out a sigh and allowed him to come in. I sat at the top of the stairs to listen for what they were saying. "It's been a long time since I've felt like this about anyone. You have an amazing daughter and of course I know the problems I can cause by being here. But she's my favourite thing about life. I've messed her about a lot in the past few months, I can admit that but she's all I can think about. " He told them. I sat, smiling. "And how do we know you're not just back again to mess with her head?!" My Dad asked him. "Because out of every woman I've ever met, I've never been so sure about anything more than this. I love your daughter." He told them. My eyes went wide at his words, he loves me? I walked down the stairs and into the living room, "Is that true?" I asked. Frank jumped up from his seat, staring at me. "Jasmine. Of course, I'm so sorry I kept treating you the way I did, you mean more to me than I could ever tell you. I love you, Miss Cross." He told me, smiling. He turned towards my parents, "Mr and Mrs Cross, I haven't felt like this since I was 16 years Old, please let me make your daughter happy." He begged. My Dad let out a sigh, hanging his head. "Please? Don't you want me to be happy?!" I pleaded.

"Of course we do Jasmine! But not like this! No, I won't accept this! It's not happening. You're a student and he's your teacher for God Sake! Now get out of my house!" My Dad yelled at us both, eventually starting to kick Frank out.

"Sir! I understand, I'm sorry. You don't have to kick me out, I'm going. I'm sorry Jas..." His voice trailed off, without another word, he walked back to his car and drove off, not looking back once.

I let a tear roll down my face, "Are you fucking happy now?!" I screamed in my dads face. "I hope so, I hate you." I told my Father, running back up stairs. I collapsed onto my bed, I started crying into my pillow. God only knows what was going to happen now...