Chapter 24: To us

We arrived back at Franks in no time. "So, Miss Cross. Where does this leave us?" Frank asked me hesitantly. I took a deep breath and sat on the sofa, "honestly I don't know, by now you should know how I feel about you. It's up to you where this leaves us." I told him. Surely this whole situation meant he wanted to be with me? Why not confess my feelings. He let out a sigh, throwing his keys down on the coffee table, he sat right next to me and put his hand on my thigh. "You're perfect, Jas. Did you know that?" He asked. I just let out a huff. "C'mon Iero, I know this isn't you. You don't have to be all in love over me, I get it." I told him. I didn't know whether this was just an act or not again, so I had to tread carefully, I can't fall in love with him again. Not like I did last time.

"Jasmine. Can we skip the whole flirty pre-dating thing. We've done all that before and i'm getting a bit too old for that now." He joked. I let out a laugh and stared at the floor. "We've never done that Frank, we both know this has always been about sex. And that's okay, I don't care what I am to you, just as long as you know i'm always waiting for you."

"Miss Cross, the only reason my last marriage broke down was because I couldn't handle the thought of leaving my rockstar life behind to be with my wife and kids, but I'd do it everyday for you. The truth is, after I started touring again when Jamia and I broke up she stopped me seeing the kids, she stopped me seeing the only thing that gave me a reason to live. But now I've found that again. All the other girls since then meant nothing. Even at the time, they meant fuck all compared to what we have now." He rested his hands on the baby bump that was beginning to grow. "You watch, i'm going to be the best goddamn Father and husband this world has ever seen." He said with a smile. God, I loved his smile. I love him. Fuck. I'm falling for him again already. Wait, husband?! "Husband..?" My voice trailed off, the smile fading from my face slowly. "One day, Jas. Im not proposing, don't panic!" He laughed. "But one day, I promise that I will make you mine forever. If that's what you want." He told me, resting his forehead on mine. I felt my breathing speed up slightly. "Fucking kiss me already" I rushed, pulling him on top of me. I could tell this was the start of the rest of my life.