Chapter 28: Gallons Of The Stuff...

A week. A whole week I've been in bed. I have no idea what's been going on, I've been in bed ill for the past week. It started in school, I fainted in the hallway. Apparently the head of sixth found me and called an ambulance straight away. I haven't been right since. "Hey, you. You feeling any better?" Frank had just come home from school, he walked into the room taking his tie off. "Frank... Something isn't right. I'm not sleeping, I'm not eating. Surely whatever's going on can't be good for the baby?" As soon as I brought the baby up his face looked panicked. "Hey. Don't worry about the baby, it's fine. It's quite happy in there, don't worry. We'll be meeting him in no time!" Frank assured me, resting his hand on my stomach. I smiled at him and he asked me if I wanted to come down for dinner, I told him I'd be down in a minute and he headed off. I decided I should at least try to eat something. I sat up and pulled the covers off myself... Oh my god.

"FRANK! FRANK GET UP HERE!" I yelled to him as I began sobbing. He came sprinting up the stairs and his face turned a pale white as soon as he saw me. "Jasmine... W-What is this?" He hesitated to come further into the door. The crisp white sheets were now covered in bright red blood stains, dotted all over the sheets. "Frank I need to go to the hospital. Now." I told him. He helped me out of bed and ran down to get his keys. I followed after a few minutes later. "You ready baby?" He rushed up to me. "Frank, can you please calm down, you're kinda stressing me out." I told him, I was in obvious pain and he was not helping. We got into the car and Frank sped off the drive. There was not a word said the entire way there. "F-Frank... Please say something, just anything to calm me down please." I asked as I began to cry. The one thing that brought me and Frank closer, the only thing that kept us together, the only reason he hasn't given up on me... Is gone. "A-are you in pain?" He asked.
"No not at all." Yes, very much so. Agony, actually. I looked over to Frank and saw his eyes, filled with tears. "Frank, are you crying?!" I asked, sounding more than shocked. Why would he be crying?! "Of course Im fucking crying Jasmine. We might've lost our fucking baby! I'm not made of fucking stone!" He shouted. Brilliant, that's all I need. Frank angry and me, a bleeding mess. He watched as I burst into tears, at first he made no effort to comfort me. Maybe this is it. Maybe this genuinely is the only thing keeping me and Frank together. "H-how is this going to affect us?" I asked Frank hesitantly, terrified of the answer. He let out a sigh and put his foot down on the gas pedal. "What are you talking about." Nice, avoiding the question. "You know what I'm talking about Frank. Will you still want to be with me even without the baby?" He let out a long sigh and took a long pause. "Jasmine do we have to talk about this now?" He said, I could tell by the tone of his voice he was trying his hardest to hold back tears. "It's a simple question Frank. Do you still want to be with me, yes or no." I said with a hint of anger in my voice. "We were never fucking together Jasmine! And here's a fucking news flash! When have I ever asked you to be my girlfriend?! Never! Just stop talking until we figure this out!" He yelled back at me. Looks like old Frank is back. "Baby I'm sorry, I didn't mean that." He said through tears, placing his hand on mine. I quickly snapped mine away from him and put it in my lap. "Jas please don't be like that."

"Be like what?  Frank do you really think i'm in the best state of mind right now? I can't handle losing the only two things I could ever love in one day." With that, he pulled into the car park of the hospital. This was going to be a long night...