3 | coffee shop

Dear Self,

Chuuya got the job application I left for him the other day. I saw him working in the coffee shop. I'm happy for him.

I got to work early since I was in a good mood.

Thankfully, everyone was back so I didn't have to suffer through boredom again.

"Dazai! Haven't seen you in awhile!" Yosano said, as she put her hand on my shoulder.

"Yosano, it's only been a couple days." I said to her, slightly laughing.

"I was wondering why my days didn't feel like suffering." Kunikida said.

"I missed you too Kunikida!" I said with a big grin.

At the end of the day, Atsushi suggested we all go out.

"Where to?" I asked him.

"Hmm, well I heard there was a new coffee shop that recently opened a few minutes from here."

I panicked. I wasn't ready to talk to Chuuya yet. Especially with them.

"Coffee shop? Atsushi maybe we should go somewhere else. I heard there was a....er....a...diner! A diner closer we could go to!" I said, panicked.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Kunikida said.

"Well...you know...I'm not really in the mood for coffee." I lied.

"I also don't really like coffee." I heard Kyouka say quietly.

"Alright then, its settled!" I said heading for the door.

"Ugh. I don't wanna get up." Ranpo said from the corner of the room.

After we ate, we said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.

I decided to head to the coffee shop. Of course I wasn't going to go in, I just wanted to see Chuuya.

Once I arrived, I looked in the window of the coffee shop. I saw Chuuya taking a customer's order. He looked some what happy. Well, he wasn't smiling but he did seem less frustrated than before.

I then looked at his outfit. I couldn't believe what he was wearing. An apron! I never thought I'd see that short man wear an apron!

I giggled as I took a picture of him.

That's definitely becoming my wallpaper. I thought, as I changed my wallpaper to Chuuya.

I felt someone shove my right shoulder.

"Sorry!" The women said, as she opened the door to the shop.

The bell at the top of the door rang and I saw Chuuya glance.

Luckily, I hid just in time. At least, I hoped.

I ran to the other side of the street, to the flower shop.

I bought a card that read:

おめでとう
omedetō

It meant congratulations. As per my usual routine, I headed to Chuuya's apartment.

I placed the yellow poppies in front of the door.

Before I went to bed, I looked at my wallpaper.

What a cutie.

Sincerely,
Happy Dazai