Shorty Squad Style

December 18th, 2016

Puerile (adj.): Silly or childish especially in a way that shows a lack of seriousness or good judgment.

---------------

A loud explosion is heard in the distance. People are screaming. What is going on?

Today was no normal day in Funland.

What could it be? Did something break? Was Onion setting fire to rides again?

No, Mr. Smiley knew as if it was pure instinct, it was....the Shorty Squad.

"What did I tell you people about coming here!" Mr. Smiley yelled, "I told you a life-time band is a life-time band!"

The Shorty Squad stood in flawless formation, Peridot in the lead and Amethyst and Steven sassily behind her.

"Sorry Smiley," Peridot took off the sunglasses she was wearing over her visor, "But we are going to ride the new Ultra Mega Super Sonic Spectacular Rollercoaster. It's basically a known fact."

"Yeah you tell him Peri!" Amethyst cheered her on, "WHOO WHOO!"

Steven stood silently with his shades.

Mr. Smiley gasped. They were so fabulous.

"You can't truly mean you want to ride the Ultra Mega Super Sonic Spectacular Rollercoaster!" He said, "That's only for people who are tall! And that don't have a life-time band!"

"Too bad!" Peridot cackled, "My twitter fans already have been notified and are waiting as we live tweet at this very moment."

"Do you want me to get the hose again?" Mr. Smiley said through gritted teeth.

The three looked at each other and made a silent agreement.

"We will be back!" Peridot yelled as they ran away, "Just you wait!"

"You can try!" Mr. Smiley yelled after them, "But I'll be waiting!" He pulled up a chair and sat out side the coaster.

Back At The Temple

"There must be something!" Peridot paced back and forth.

"Maybe we could try standing on each other's shoulders and pretending to be one tall person," Steven suggested.

"No that would never work," Peridot sighed while updating her twitter. Update: No luck yet. Smiley? More like Frowny. Because that's what he does when he sees us. Nyeh he he.

"What if I shapeshifted to look like Mr. Smiley and just let you go on?" Amethyst asked.

"No he said he'd be waiting for us..." Peridot said, "Oh! I know! Why don't we stand on each other's shoulders and pretend to be one tall person!"

"Wow what a great idea Peridot," Steven said sarcastically.

"I know right!" Peridot exclaimed. They raided through Steven's closet and found a strangely tall trench coat. Peridot stood at the bottom, then Amethyst, and Steven was the head which he added a fake mustache to. They also wore a fedora and dark sunglasses. Update: Foolproof plan achieved, Peridot tweeted.