Come Home Soon • Pearlmethyst

December 28th, 2016

Vexillology (noun): The study of flags.

---------------

Amethyst walked down the dorm's hallway to Room 27A, her lovely home for the last five months. She turned the door handle a few times, finding it locked. As she reached into her pockets, she groaned and knocked on the door.

"Pearl, it's me Amethyst," She called, "Open up."

It took a few seconds before the door swung open with Pearl standing there, one hand on her hip and the other holding Amethyst's keys.

"Forgot something?" Pearl raised an eyebrow. She seemed slightly annoyed, "You know, one of these days I won't be here and-"

"And I'll be left out here to starve and die," Amethyst rolled her eyes, "Which might happen anyways if you don't move your butt."

Pearl gave an annoyed groan as Amethyst stepped in, not caring to close the door behind her.

"Barbarian...." Pearl grumbled.

Amethyst immediately went to the small kitchen they had and grabbed some leftover pizza. When she walked back into the bedroom, Pearl was already engrossed in her studies.

"Nerd," Amethyst sighed and jumped onto her bed with a loud 'umpf.' She turned on the TV and began flipping through the channels. After about twenty clicks of the remote Pearl spun around on her swivel chair.

"Can you be any louder?" Pearl complained.

"Is that a challenge?" Amethyst smirked. Pearl glared at her and went back to what she was doing.

Amethyst peeked over in curiosity, "Am I distracting you from your nerd stuff?"

"It's not nerd stuff, it's an important project for my art class," Pearl explained frustratedly.

Amethyst walked over to where she was. Pearl was testing an elaborate design on the computer while surrounded by different fabrics and cloths of different colors.

"It's...a flag," Amethyst stated.

"It's not just a flag it's-" Pearl sighed, getting a slight headache, "I wouldn't expect you to understand."

"I suppose I wouldn't. Besides you're too stressed," Amethyst said, "I'm not. You know, the second I get the chance I'm leaving. Maybe I'll go somewhere nice, like a beach or something."

Pearl rolled her eyes.

"You know what you could use?" Amethyst leaned on Pearl's chair.

"Some Advil and a time machine?" Pearl suggested.

"No," Amethyst smirked, "A night out."

"But I have so much work to do and-"

"Exactly!" Amethyst interrupted, "You could use some time to relax and enjoy life a little."

"And I'm suppose to find anything relaxing with you?" Pearl chuckled a little.

"Oh, I am the queen of relaxing," Amethyst said, "I'll help you."