A Crowded Christmas (Part 2)

December 25th, 2016

Slugabed (noun): A lazy person who stays in bed late.

---------------

Whoever's idea it was to have sleep-over in the temple is either a genius or insane (More so the second). Especially because of the fact that gems don't sleep.

"Is Steven alright?" Bismuth asked, looking up at Steven who had fallen asleep on the stairs.

"Shhh he's sleeping," Peridot whispered, "It's another human thing."

"An awesome one at that," Amethyst burped, sitting against the couch.

"You mean an annoying one?" Pearl raised an eyebrow.

"Don't judge," Amethyst yawned.

Pearl chuckled and got up to make herself some tea.

"So this Santa intruder comes into the house and we aren't suppose to attack him?" Jasper asked Garnet.

"Santa is a good man," Garnet said simply.

"You say that as if you know him," Lapis laughed.

Garnet merely winked leaving the others staring at her unsurely.

"But the elves are his warriors right?" Jasper asked still not quite understanding.

"Oh yeah," Amethyst said sarcastically, "And people offer him cookies in hopes that he doesn't take over the planet."

"I knew it..." Jasper muttered.

It's fair enough to say, this was not the best time for Greg to come in the house dressed as Santa.

A few minutes of "Jasper please don't kill Santa, that's very rude" and gifts flying everywhere, the gems managed to explain that Greg was simply dropping off gifts per usual every Christmas.

"I'm surprised Steven hasn't woken up yet," Greg looked over at Steven, still fast asleep on the stairs.

"Consider it a Christmas miracle," Pearl sat down with her tea, offering the bag to Amethyst.

"I only came by to drop these off but I'll be back in the morning," Greg put a few presents under the tree, "Sorry I didn't get you guys anything."

"We didn't either so it doesn't matter," Garnet shrugged.

"Well bye guys," Greg left, "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas!" The Gems yelled as Greg closed the door.

They spent the next few hours gossiping about who knows what and discussing the human's silly traditions.

In the morning Steven happily woke up to find everyone arguing.

"You guys so cheated!" Bismuth glared.

"We did nothing of the sort," Lapis smirked as Pearl grudgingly gave her and Peridot more Monopoly money.

"Peridot I can see you moving the metal characters right now!" Amethyst pointed at the slowly moving ship.