The Bet

December 30th, 2016

Badinage (noun): Humorous or witty conversation.

---------------

Somehow Steven had managed to convince the gems to play Citchen Calamity and Garnet was winning.

"Two fish?!" Amethyst glared at the dice, "This game is rigged."

"You're just upset because you're losing," Garnet took another card and examined it, "I will risk a trade of my frying pan for an extra turn of the next card."

"Are you crazy?!" Steven gasped, "The frying pan is your only weapon!"

"I'm willing to take the chance," Garnet smiled and put down the card that had let her trade in the first place. Steven held his breath as she discarded the frying pan and took the next card.

"You have acquired the golden spatula," Garnet smiled. Steven nearly fell out of his chair.

"What?!" Pearl squawked as she peaked over the instructions.

"Wait a second," Steven said, "I have to go to the bathroom. Don't do anything without me alright?" He rushed off to the bathroom.

"You so cheated!" Amethyst accused Garnet once he was gone.

"I did nothing of the sort," Garnet said cooly.

"Of course you didn't," Pearl raised an eyebrow, "And I'm sure your future vision had nothing to do with it either."

"Nope," Garnet answered.

"I bet you wouldn't be winning right now if you didn't have future vision," Amethyst pointed out.

"Are you questioning my skill?" Garnet chuckled.

"Maybe I am," Amethyst smiled evilly, "Not to mention you're working a team effort."

"Because if you were fused you'd do so much better?" Garnet laughed.

"Well..." Amethyst stood up suddenly, "I bet if you weren't fused we could beat you." Garnet rolled her eyes. "Not that those two could last a whole two minutes unfused."

"Is that a challenge?" Garnet asked.

"Not much of a challenge if you already know you're going to lose," Amethyst smirked, "I bet you two couldn't last an entire week separated."

Garnet clenched her fist, "Fine." The others gasped as she began to glow (and shrink).

Ruby and Sapphire stood determinedly in front of them.

"This is nothing," Ruby crossed her arms smirking. Sapphire nodded with her hands on her hips.

"Wow," Amethyst seemed impressed, "Still gonna lose though."

"How about we up the stakes?" Sapphire smiled. The others turned to her.

"If you bet we can't stay unfused," Sapphire said, "Then I bet you can't stay fused for a week."

"With Pearl," Ruby added.

"Why am I involved in this?" Pearl asked.