Reunion

Chapter 21

(Alex's P.O.V)

Ten days without Tegan. Six of them I didn't even get to hear her cute Canadian accent. I couldn't take it anymore.

I sighed as I laid lifeless in bed, staring at the plain white walls. My head snapped towards my door as I heard it open and Anne appeared. She had a huge smile as she went to my bedside and pulled the covers off of me. She lifted up the gown, took off the bandage, and pulled the I.V out of my arm.

I looked at her confused as her grinned widen. "Guess who gets to go see Tegan today?" She asked as I felt my jaw drop and my heart rate immediately increase. "Really?!" I asked, quickly sitting up, getting excited. "Yup, the doctor gave you the clearance, you get to go back to work today!" She said as excitedly as me. I shot out of the bed and pulled her into my arms looking at Brent who had just entered the room with a grin. "I guess she told you the news." He said as I nodded, grabbing my phone to call Tegan.

Brent quickly snatched my phone out of my hand and held it up in the air so that I couldn't reach it. "Let's surprise her." He said as I nodded, handing me my phone.

I was handed a pair of my clothes and sent in the direction of the bathroom. As I closed the door behind me I turned around, staring at the girl with a grin on her face as she looked back at me, lifting her shirt as she ran her delicate fingers over the scar that had brought her so much pain in the past few weeks.

I smiled at my reflection in the mirror and got changed into a black button down and dark blue skinny jeans. I ran a brush through my hair before putting on minimal makeup. After I was satisfied with my appearance, I left the bathroom and found Officer Kenton and Brent waiting patiently for me.

Just as I was about to leave the room Dr. Paxton entered with a grin on his face. "Excited to see a certain someone are we?" He asked with a mischievous grin. I blushed and nodded, looking at the tiled floor. "All that I need to tell you is to not over do it. When your stomach starts to hurt for any reason, rest. I'm going to give you some pills that will help with the stress and pain killers if the need arises. Do you have any questions before we let you go?" He asked with an eyebrow raised. I thought about it for a moment before shaking my head no. "Alright good, I'm glad that you healed well Alex. I better not see you in here again." He said with a wink. I nodded and thanked him before finally walking out of the hospital room that I had been held captive in for so long.

As we reached the lobby, I was pulled back by Officer Kenton. "When those doors, open there is going to be a lot of reporters out there waiting for you. Don't answer any of their questions no matter what it might be. We want to get you to the airport and on the plane safely." She said as I nodded.

The automatic doors slid open and I was surprised by how many people began shouting and taking pictures. "Alex! Have you fully healed?!" "Alexandra is it true that you and Tegan Quin have been having a secret relationship?!" "Alex!" They yelled as I was shoved into the chauffeured car and taken to the airport.

I sat back in my seat, taking a deep breath as I went through all of the questions that the reporters had yelled at me. Then I froze. How the hell did they know that Tegan and I were dating? How would they even be able to assume that if Tegan and I haven't come out to the public? Unless she told them.. No, she wouldn't do that... Would she?

"It's overwhelming to be the one that the questions are directed at huh?" Brent asked with a smile. I pulled a fake smile and nodded, looking out of the tinted window. The air outside was slightly chilled so the windows had fogged up.

After the 20 minute drive to the airport, we had finally arrived to say goodbye to my family. As I entered the airport I smiled, catching sight of my older brother Max. When he finally noticed me, he spun me around in a bear hug, kissing my forehead. "You better be careful this time, little sis." He warned as I giggled. I nodded and hugged him back before kissing his stubbly cheek.