Problems

Chapter 24

(Tegan's P.O.V)

I sleepily opened my eyes to find Alex's side of the bed empty. I bolted upright and started to panic. "Alex?" I yelled. I waited a few seconds and then watched as Alex ran into the room out of breath. "What is it?! Are you okay?!" She yelled breathlessly.

I giggled as she entered the room in a panic, looking all over my body for any signs of bruises or marks. She picked me up and threw me on the bed and unbuttoned my shirt, looking all over me. She started touching me and tickling me as I started laughing.

"Alex stop it! I'm fine!" I said through giggles. She smiled and helped me out of bed, buttoning my shirt back up. "Don't yell like that again, I thought you were hurt." She said pouting. I smiled and nodded, taking her strong hand in mine.

"Why were you not laying down?" I asked with sadness. "Um... I couldn't sleep..." She answered as I watched her stare at the floor. I frowned and kissed her lips lightly, tasting something familiar. "Alex have you been smoking?" I questioned, watching her bite her lip nervously.

She sighed and nodded, finally meeting my gaze. "Why? Is everything okay?" I asked, my voice filled with concern. "I'm just stressed because of the media...." She admitted, looking at me helplessly. I sighed and nodded, watching her eyes fall to the floor again.

"Baby nothing bad is going to happen, we can finally be out and not have to worry. Doesn't that make you feel better?" I asked lightly. She quickly nodded at that and her amazing green orbs caught mine. I kissed her forehead as I watched her blush and walk out of the room so that I could get dressed.

After I had gotten dressed and fixed my hair, I walked out to find Alex leaning against the counter talking to Tom. "Do you want to go to lunch with us?" Tom asked with a smile. I grinned and nodded as Sara appeared out of nowhere with Damian next to her. "You guys ready for your first appearance?" Tom asked with a smirk. I nodded excitedly as I watched Alex nod solemnly, moving to stand next to me.

She intertwined our fingers and kissed my hand, looking at my blush from the corner of her eye. I grew nervous though as we neared the lobby entrance, already seeing the paparazzi waiting for us on the other side. As soon as we opened the doors, hearing the clicks of the cameras as the reporters shouted random questions at us. I honestly didn't know what they would possibly need to know, we told them everything they needed to know on Ellen.

After we gotten through the mass of cameras, I felt more relaxed as Alex put her arm around my waist as we walked to the diner. She kissed the side of my head and smiled at me as she held the door open for me and everyone else. After we had gotten seated and had our orders taken I was sitting next to her, holding her hand, as I looked out of the large window next to our table.

"So how are you dealing with all the cameras?" I heard Sara ask Alex. I looked at the side of Alex's face as I waited for her answer. "Um... I feel kind of uncomfortable I guess... But I'll get used to it..." She answered, rubbing the back of her neck nervously. I nodded as I stared at our hands.

I knew that she would be uncomfortable. You have to get used to people taking random pictures of you at any given moment. And we will probably have to give interviews as well. Because people go crazy when a celebrity is dating someone.

I smiled as our food arrived and Alex let go of my hand. I felt an emptiness fill me when my hand grew cold because of the lack of Alex's warm one. I chose to ignore it as I started to eat my food in silence.

(Alex's P.O.V)

After we had eaten at the diner I wanted to go on a walk with Tegan when everyone else went back to the hotel. So now we were currently walking down an L.A. sidewalk with my arm around Tegan's shoulders, her arm around my waist. I always felt so relaxed when I had Tegan next to me. I guess it was just the type of person that she was, calm and reassuring.