Forever

Chapter 29

(Tegan's P.O.V)

I smiled as my eyes fluttered open to see Alex sleeping peacefully. This was the best sleep I've had in over four months. I sighed softly as I watched her eyes open and meet mine. She blushed and kissed my nose before sitting up and stretching.

She then climbed over my body and went into the kitchen to do something and came back with Sara behind her. "You guys want to go to the park and walk around later?" Alex asked with a shy smile. "Sure!" Sara said with a smile. I chuckled and nodded, getting up to get changed.

After that I smiled as I watched Alex look at stuff on her phone. She looked up and caught my gaze as I blushed but didn't look away from her. "What?" She asked innocently. I smiled and walked over to her, rubbing her back softly. "I just missed you..."I said and kissed her head. She smiled and stood up, wrapping her arms around my waist as she kissed me lightly.

I giggled as she pulled away with a grin. "I actually have to go do something but you;re welcome to stay here or look around the city, I'll call you when I'm driving home." Alex said as she grabbed her wallet. "Where are you going?" I asked softly, placing my hand on her arm. "I have to talk to Max but I don't think that it will take that long... I'll be back babe, love you." She said and kissed my cheek softly before smiling at Sara and walking out of the door.

I stood in the middle of the living room as I stared at the door that Alex had just walked out of. I didn't know why but I feared that she wouldn't walk back through that door to greet me. The pain of breaking up with her was rising and I had to get out.

Sara led me out of the apartment and into the city as I calmed down and looked around. There was tall business buildings everywhere with people coming in and out of them.

"Do you feel better now that you're back together?" Sara asked, looking straight ahead. "Yeah, I don't feel like shit anymore. Thank you for helping me, without you I'd still be laying in bed crying." I said as we rounded a corner and continued walking. "No problem, I'm glad that you're happy and with her again. It's obvious that you both love each other very much." She said as she smiled and looked at me.

I blushed and looked down at the sidewalk as we continued until I looked up and a jewelry store caught my eye. "Let's go in here." I said as Sara followed me in with a puzzled look on her face.

"Why are we in here?" She asked looking at the rings, bracelets, and necklaces that were in the glass cases. "I want to get Alex a necklace." I said with a shy smile. "I've missed her and I want to get her something that shows her that I love her." I said as I felt myself blush. Sara smiled as she looked at a bracelet. "Why don't you get a tattoo of her name like she did?" She asked with a smirk. "Because she did that, I want to do something else." I confessed with a smile.

"But giving her jewelry is a big step, are you ready?" She asked, looking at me with a smile. "Yeah, I think I am." I said with a grin. She nodded as she looked back down at the glass cases and I stood next to her. My eyes wondered to a case next to the one we were looking at and I gasped. "That's it, that's the one."

(Alex's P.O.V)

I smiled as Max greeted me at the door and let me in. "I heard Tegan was looking for you. Did she find you? I'm guessing she did because you have the biggest smile on your face right now." He said with a grin. I blushed and looked down at the hardwood floor as I nodded. "Yeah, seeing her again made me realize how in love with her I actually am. I couldn't move on because there wasn't anybody else that I would ever want but her." I said as he smiled and pulled me into a tight, loving hug.

"I'm glad you found someone that makes you happy Alex, but if she hurts you we're gonna have a problem. It was hard enough to see you cry when you fell off your bike when you were nine." He said as I giggled. I couldn't believe he still remembered that.