The Spark

Chapter 23

**1 Week Later**

(Alex's P.O.V)

I sighed as I rolled over to face Tegan as she slept. I smiled as I stared at her relaxed face as she dreamed. I couldn't help myself as I ran my fingers down her cheek. Her eyes fluttered open as I smiled feeling love fill my heart. "Good morning baby." I said and kissed her cheek. I watched as her face broke into a smile as she kissed me softly. "Good morning love." She replied, sitting up in the bed. I smiled and sat up, watching as she fixed her hair and turned to look at me.

"How excited are you to go to Los Angeles and be on Ellen today?" I asked, watching her grin. I knew that she was excited. It was all that she could talk about for the past few days. "On a scale from 1 to 10 I'd say about a 20." She said as I chuckled at her answer. "Then we should get ready to leave." I said and pulled the warm covers from my body, getting up to get dressed. 

I pulled on a light blue button down shirt and a black blazer and black dress pants. I tied my dress shoes up and then put the wire into my ear. Tegan smiled and kissed my cheek after she had gotten dressed. "You missed this didn't you?" She asked and I chuckled. "Yes I did." I said and walked past her into the kitchen. I took my anger management pills as Tegan came into the room for coffee.

After I had, had my break down Tegan and I had called my doctor that had prescribed me the pills. As it turns out, the pills that I had were expired and that's why I wasn't able to control my anger that day. He sent me new pills immediately and I haven't had a problem since.

She smiled as she leaned against the counter and watched me drink the water. "Can I help you?" I asked as I put the glass down, raising my eyebrow. She smirked and shook her head as there was a knock on the door. I walked over to the door and opened it to reveal an excited Sara. "You guys ready to go?" She asked with a grin as her eyes lit up.

I chuckled and nodded, taking Tegan's hand and the bags, following Sara towards the elevator. As we stood in the cramped elevator I felt Tegan's hand land on one of the many suitcases that was in my hands. "Can I carry one?" She asked, looking at me seriously. "Um... no babe I'm fine carrying them... All that you need to do is get in the car." I said as she pouted and looked at the floor. I smiled as Sara led us through the lobby and out the front door.

I was expecting to see a lot of paparazzi waiting for us but was surprised to only find fans. I watched Tegan closely from the corner of my eye was I loaded the bags into the back of the car and slammed the trunk shut. I approached her as she stood, talking to a few fans. I put my hand on the small of her back and felt her tense as she felt my hand come into contact with her back. "Okay girls she has to leave or we'll be late." I said to the girls who were now staring at me. One of them looked like she was going to faint as she had a starstruck look on her face. They all nodded in silence and walked away as I led Tegan to the car.

"Looks like you have some fans too." She remarked with a cheeky grin. I chuckled as I shook my head, staring out of the window. "I saw the way that they looked at you." She said as I felt her put her warm hand in mine. "Is someone jealous?" I questioned with an amused grin. "No..." She replied and looked out of the window quickly. I giggled and kissed her cheek, putting my arm around her shoulders. She leaned into my hold and laid her head on my shoulder as I looked down at her, stroking her cheek.

"I don't care if other women stare at you. It's when you stare back, that's when I care." She said as I stopped stroking, looking into her brown orbs. "Baby I'd never even think about cheating on you. I love you wayyyy to much for that." I said soothingly, watching her blush as my lips landed on her forehead.

I sighed as we finally got to the airport and I escorted Tegan inside. After we had gotten through everything I was leading Tegan to the waiting area to wait for our flight. I had my hand on the small of her back like usual but I froze when I felt her hand slide up my arm before resting on my elbow. I looked at her as I removed my arm from her grip and turned towards her. "Do you need something?" I asked with concern. "I... I wanted to hold your hand..." She said shyly, looking at the carpeted floor.