The Heartbreaking Decision

Chapter 26

(Alex's P.O.V)

I felt as if my heart was going to burst as I thought of the consequence's of each option. Finally after several minutes of thinking, I had my heart set on a choice. And this choice was going to hurt me either way.

"I... I can't choose one.. So I choose to break up with Tegan and quit..." I stated, tears filling my eyes. I let them fall down my cheeks as I felt my heart break from saying those words.

"W.. What?" I heard Tegan's sad voice ask. I turned to see tears already falling down her cheeks as she looked at me with pain filled eyes. "How could you? I thought you loved me? You said that you'd never leave!" She said as she began to sob into my chest, hitting it gently.

I started to sob as I nodded and patted her back. This was killing me and I knew it was killing her too. "I do love you Tegan. But if I quit my job I'd quit doing what I loved. If I just broke up with you and kept working I wouldn't be able to do it. I know I promised that I'd never leave but this is better for the both of us." I said through sobs.

She pushed away from me and looked at me with so much hurt in her eyes that I couldn't look at her anymore. This was killing me but this was the best thing I could do for both of us.

"I'll need your phone, wire, and radio." The headmaster said as I started to hyperventilate from being so upset. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths as I got the things that's he needed and handed them to him.

"But wait, she signed a contract stating she would always be with Tegan!" Tom said, taking me by surprise. Tegan gasped and looked at the headmaster with hope in her eyes as he held up the contract with my signature on it. I felt my heart rip as he began to tear the contract to shreds and let it fall to the floor. "The contract had been terminated, Alex will be coming with me back to the States." He said in his commanding voice.

I started sobbing again as the police officers brought my suitcases into the living room and started to roll them outside to the car. "Please don't make me go." I begged helplessly. "You made a decision, lets go." He said and grabbed my arm.

I felt someone grab my arm and I turned around to find Tegan looking at me terrified. "Can I at least have a goodbye hug?" She asked helplessly. I nodded as the headmaster let me go and I wrapped my arms tightly around Tegan. I began crying again because I wouldn't be able to do this to her again.

After several minutes someone cleared their throat and I pulled away from Tegan but didn't let go. "I want you to know that I still love you and always will Tegan. I'm never going to forget you. I made this decision because over time it won't hurt as much. You're an amazing person and you should be with someone that makes you happy and doesn't have a complicated life like I do. I love you Tegan Rain Quin and I don't want you to forget that." I said as a stray tear fell down my cheek. I watched her lip quiver as she nodded and looked me in the eyes. "I love you too Alexandra Nicole Woods, and don't you forget that." She said and kissed my cheek.

I felt my cheek warm where her lips had landed and I smiled lightly. I gently pulled her closer to me and kissed her lips softly but passionately. After a few minutes I pulled away and looked at Tom and Damian. They looked upset but just waved as I walked out of the door and got into the car that drove away from the love of my life.

I leaned my head against the cars cold window as we silently drove to the airport to go to Cincinnati. "You can go to sleep Alex, I'll wake you when we get there. I know that you're tired." Mr. Collins said looking at me from the drivers seat, I was in the passengers seat and the officers were in the back. "How the hell do you expect me to sleep after I just broke up with the woman that I loved and had to quit the job that I've wanted since I was little?" I questioned angrily.