Chapter 17: Setting the standard

Logan woke first and he smiled as he saw his Ace laying there in his arms, sleeping peacefully.  You could add that to the list of firsts he had experienced with her in his life.  He had never been one to hang around after bringing a girl to bed before he had met her.

She stirred in his arms and he pulled her closer to him and kissed her on the forehead before he forced himself to get out of bed.  He wanted more than anything to stay right there next to her all day, but he had to be in the office this morning for negotiations.  He slipped quietly over to the coffee maker in the kitchenette and started a pot of coffee before gathering his things for a shower.  Hesitating momentarily, he picked up the phone and placed a quick call to room service, set a bathrobe from the bathroom next to her sleeping body, and then headed to the shower.

He let the hot water rain down on his body, clearing his mind.  Last night had been incredible.  He had made love to her, taking time to memorize every part of her body as they lost themselves in the passion they shared.  They had always been good together in bed, but it seemed that time had even improved that, as hard as that was to believe. 

He rinsed off and turned off the shower, drying himself with a towel and wrapping it around his waist before leaving the bathroom.  He smiled as he saw his Ace sitting in the chair, wrapped in the bathrobe, inhaling her mug of coffee with her eyes closed.  He cleared his throat quietly before walking to the kitchen to retrieve a cup for himself, but she stopped him.

"Hey, you.  Looking for this?"  She held out a cup of coffee.

"The coffee queen is sharing her sweet nectar?  What did I do to deserve such an honor?" he laughed.

She wrinkled up her nose and rolled her eyes as she answered with a sarcastic "Oh, I think you know well what you did."

Before he could answer, there was a knock at the door.

"Room service, Mr. Huntzberger," came the voice from the other side of the door.

He walked quickly over to the door and cracked it just far enough to sign the receipt and slide the cart in the door.

"I seem to remember that a certain lady loves her pancakes, eggs and bacon for breakfast?" he asked with a sly grin.

Her eyes lit up before she finally answered, "My, my, Mr. Huntzberger.  If I didn't know better I might think that you're trying to make this night unbeatable by any man who may dare try to unthrone you."

They laughed together as she grabbed a piece of bacon and popped it in her mouth.