Chapter 24: Settling

Logan wasn't sure what to think of Ace's Vegas proposition.  He had been contemplating how to tell her that he he wanted to break off his engagement and start fresh with her, consequences be damned, when he saw her wiping away a tear.  Now, with his arms around her, her body was tense as she awaited his answer.

Looking down at the only woman he had ever loved, he knew that he would do whatever it took to make her happy.

"Is that what you want, Ace?"

"Yeah, that's what I want."  There was a long moment before she locked eyes with him.  "Well, what do you say, Huntzberger?" 

Logan sighed softly, "I say here's to Vegas, Ace."  The joy in her eyes at that moment told him that he was doing the right thing by giving her what she wanted instead of pressing her for more.

"To Vegas," she replied.  She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him with passion that he had never felt before.

"Yes, Ace, to Vegas," he said with a husky voice as he picked her up and carried her to the bed.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Thank you all so much for reading my first story! Make sure you check out the follow-up to the revival here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/93772296-the-long-road-home. It will tie in with this one as well. I promise that you'll get a well thought out, not cheesy happy ending!