Five

"You found her?"

"Yes."

I heard his amused laugh on the other line as I keep on reading some documents while having a video message with Angelo, one of my best bud since college.

"So how was it? I'm surprised you're still alive. I mean she probably hates you to death... to the point of killing you with her bare hands"

He laughed as if it was the funniest joke he had ever heard. That annoyed the hell out of me. I shoot him dagger looks but the devil seems to be having his own world. He didn't stop laughing until he's almost out of his breath. Now I regret calling him.

"Shut up, will you?"

I put the documents back from where it was piled. I lean on my chair and heaved a deep sigh. I wonder if I should continue this video conference with him.

"What's wrong? I thought you found her? What's with that long face, my friend?"

"I don't know. It's weird actually"

That caught his attention. I sat properly and heaved another deep sigh as I start thinking about her again.

"How weird? Did she try to escape again? That won't do since you'll still find her anyway." He shrugged. "Or, did she blackmail you? Or did she manage to think of ways to avoid you? Or maybe— she's in a relationship with another guy?"

The last question left me alarmed. I know she isn't. My Private Investigator assured me that she never had a boyfriend after me. But being away from her for a long time makes my heart grow paranoid. I straightened my back and looked at him. His last question got me.

"No. Actually, that's the weird part. She didn't try to escape nor blackmail me. She didn't even try to hurt me... well, not physically. She likes to torture me with her harsh words" I sighed again after remembering our banters these past few days. She just won't let a day pass without annoying me. "But that's the weird part, she should be mad at me, but she even agreed to live with me"

Confusion was written on his face. I feel the same way.

"Should you be happy with that? The fate is on your side. What's bothering you, e?"

"The fact that she easily accepts me in her life again, that scared the shit out of me." I stated honestly. Did she manage to forget me? "Maybe the reason why she's talking to me or staying by my side is because she finally kicked me out of her life."

That makes my heart hurt. I don't think I can take it. I'll go crazy.

"Dio. Who are you? You're not the ruthless Azis I used to know. Where's your overflowing confidence man?"