Forty-five

Vonn's P.O.V.

"I thought you love her?"

Almost immediately, I shoot him dagger looks. Why would he ask me that? He knows how much I love my wife.This is so frustrating. I shouldn't feel this way.

"I do." I love her with all my life. "But—"

Angelo's forehead creased. He got this annoyed expression on his face. I sighed. I know, I'm fucked up.

"But what? You're suddenly having a second thought about them?" I can sense that he's ready to throw a punch. "Dude! What the fuck is happening to you?!"

"I don't know," I said while trying to composed myself. This is so hard. "It's just that, I'm not sure if the baby she was carrying is mine—"

I didn't even have the chance to finish my statement because Angelo loses his temper and came to me for a punch. For a moment, I was dumbstruck and unable to utter a word.

The brown envelope that Amanda gave me made my thought scattered and my mind to shut down. I almost confronted Sapphire, but I knew it would cause her stress. It's dangerous for the baby. So, I decided to keep it myself and investigate.

Amanda showed me some pictures of Sapphire and Gian inside his car, looking so sweet. Another picture showed Gian kissing Sapphire's forehead. And the last picture that really triggered me was a photo of them looking so happy while entering a house. I don't know whose house it was, but the fact that they are together really made my blood to boil. My mind went blank and refused to process anything. At that moment, I just wanted to kill that fucking bastard.

At first, I didn't believe it. I know I am the only man in her life. But when I went to her house to investigate, I had the chance to talk with her landlady.

"Ah, yung bagong lipat?" Said the old woman when I ask her about Sapphire and Gian. "Aren't they together? Binili pa nga ng lalaki ang bahay na 'to para may matirhan ang jowa niya. Palagi ko silang nakikitang magkasama dito noon. Bakit mo nga pala natanong?"

"They're not together." I held my anger in respect of her but I can't help the firmness of my voice the reason why she's a bit surprise.

"Hindi ba? Narinig ko kasing nagbibiruan na sila tungkol sa pagpapakasal kaya batid kong seryoso nga ang relasyon nila. Who would buy a house this big if the guy isn't serious anyway?"

I had to get out of there before I lost my temper. I am so mad but I don't know what's my anger all about. Slowly, the pictures are becoming reasonable to me. I am so angry that I didn't think twice and drove my way to the office while calling for my private investigator. I decided to meet him immediately and had this shit investigated.

Few hours later, my investigator is now confirming about the closeness of my wife and that bastard. I met up with Gian later that night, and the bastard didn't even blink when he told me that he brought Sapphire to his house before to meet his parents. That shit triggered me big time.