Farewell to The Feelings

Written on: December 24, 2016

I am in no rush to wait for the sunset and wake the night that later would turn into sunshine.
I am in no rush to feel how the water changes from warm to cold.
Season changes by months and love molds into different folds.
I am in no rush to get out of the smoky fog we are in but you left me instead.

Suddenly I was thrown in a box and was locked by the crawling vines.
My way to find you had been declined for I could no longer see your shine.
The fire that you gave me with gentleness just vanished into thin air.
That moment felt like as if I was hit by a cannon ball and I could no longer breathe.

There was only a ghost of you beside me.
Holding on to our vow; waiting to the day that you could hear my last plea.
An endless suffocation of love and desperation.
I was in damnation and you were my salvation but now I'm left with nothingness.

I am hungry not because there is no food left
but because you could no longer feed me with love.
I am dehydrated not because I exerted efforts in any physical activities
but because of my continuously flowing tears on my cheeks.

Stars could only be touched through its reflection yet reflection could be just another illusion.
One final look into your eyes could bind me again to you,
lightning had struck me while I was stuck inside the box.
It is time to wake up from my dreamland.

For your eyes was never fixated on mine.
It is time to close my foolishness within me
and start a new direction for myself.
A direction where I would find joy and not just a temporary happiness.

A path without someone like you.
A path where I will be whole and wouldn't fall down when break up happens again.
A path that will lead me to the end where we could face each other again with maturity
and have found our never ending joy.

I now bid farewell to the feelings
and say hello to my the bright future that awaits for me.