20| Green Eyes

Hunter's POV

He awoke slowly, blinking a few times. Everything ached, parts of his body hurt a little more then other parts. He was lying on his back, staring up at the ceiling blankly before the blurriness in his vision faded.

He slowly sat up, rubbing the back of his head. His head hurt, maybe he hit it in his sleep. He glanced beside him, seeing Ace still asleep on the ground, his head tilted to the right as his eyelids remained lightly closed, his breathing soft and quiet.

...What happened...?

Hunter took a deep breath, his bones cracking slightly. He stood up, rolling his shoulders, he then winced. He really must've hit the floor hard, but from what?

...Wait...

...Rory...

He saved me? Hunter asked as he looked at Ace, he put a hand over his chest as he looked down at where he felt his heartbeat.

...What the fuck is wrong with me...? How could I yell at him like that?

Hunter felt tears welling up in his eyes as he said it, he clenched his hand into a fist that clamped onto his shirt, his heart pounded madly, hurting the inside of his ribcage.

...Why did I underestimate him...? He just looked so dangerous, so lethal... so... deadly... yet he saved me... even after I screamed at him... even after I pushed him out of my house, pushed him away from me...

...Is it because... He has feelings for me? I remember when he first came here, every time we were close, he'd turn embarrassed and shy... He didn't look like the type of person to normally be shy... he always seemed interested in me and all...

...What else would it be?

...Rory loves me...

...I'm so... so sorry Rory... I shouldn't have acted that way towards you... I shouldn't have been so aggressive... but I can't apologize to your face now... But... I will.

...I'll find you...

...And I will save you...

Ace's POV

Everything felt heavy, inside his mind nothing was calm. Everything was black and red, black lines everywhere, scattered around the inner walls of his mind. The black lines looked like snakes all slithering around, some looked like black crows flying around, one of them though, looked like Rory.

...Why would I want to ever wake up...? I just lost my best friend to that monster... Rory gives in too easily... doesn't he know me?

...We were created together, we shared half of everything... If one of us were hurt, the other would share half the pain with the other, to make it not as bad... its the way we are, we are the only ones of our species of demons...

...If... If I had my wings... I could fly to Rory, I could find him and I could fly him home... we could be happy like we once were... right...?

Slowly, the darkness had lifted, light attacking Ace's eyes. He hissed through his teeth slightly and covered his eyes with his sleeve.

After a moment, he unshielded his eyes. His pupils un-dilated, his black orbs in his eyes getting smaller in the light. The gold and blood red twinkled with the green, making small beautiful designs in his iris.

Finally his eyes locked onto a dark figure- the light was in his eyes and he couldn't recognize the person right away. After a few moments, he remembered what had happened.

...Hunter... we both were attacked with Rory... he sacrificed himself for us, so we could continue breathing another day...

Ace sat up, his eyes dark while his lips forced that crazed smile like always.

...Wow... we must be real idiots, eh? Rory sacrificed himself so WE... can continue to live...

...We really are stupid... because we're going after him...

...And I'm going to make his captor suffer...

???'s POV

...They don't know my name... they don't know anything about me... if they really expect to find my adorable little pet, they'll have to try hard~

He turned to look behind him, behind him stood a thin figure, dressed in the same black clothes as always. His eyes lacked any golden yellow, they had dulled to a bright acid green.

He was controlling him, he locked the real Rory away in his mind, keeping him there till the time had come to destroy Rory once and for all. His body, his mind, his soul...

Ohohoho~ How exciting~ I can already feel Rory slipping away from this world, he won't last forever with my power... He'll have maybe a month, or less before his mind shatters and the true him, is gone from this world...

...I want to keep him here as long as possible though...

...I want Ace and Hunter to see him leave forever...

...I want to watch them suffer here...

(A/N: Holyyyy craappp... I just realized how much thought is in this chapter ^ Not many actions but lots and lots of thinking XD Poor Rory... I feel kinda bad but at the same time, it's really interesting to write. ^u^ Anyways yeah that's all I wanted to say. Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!)