28| Gift

Ace's POV

Everything was finally over. Rory was saved, Lazarus had fallen, Hunter and Rory were happy.

Ace glanced up slightly through his eyelashes at Hunter and Rory who's lips were pressed together in a forever-lasting kiss, Rory still staring wide-eyed at Hunter in shock, his face bright red.

Ace giggled slightly and looked down, putting his hands into his pockets. Then something hit him, inwardly making him freeze completely in his tracks. I'm... not insane?

What happened? Maybe I should ask Lord Leto when he wakes up, considering he'll be doing that soon. Too bad he couldn't be awake to see this, poor Lord... attacked and put to sleep inside his mind just because Lazarus spent years trying to wiggle his power in-between Lord Leto's wards.

Finally Hunter and Rory pulled away, making Rory immediately blush madly and look down, hair covering his beautiful golden eyes. Heh, cute little Rory. Just like he's always been.

"So what now?" Ace asked, stretching his arm out to make his weapon vanish, it turned back to complete white and then exploded into a tiny firework, small glowing white sparkles floating down to the floor like embers and vanishing.

"Not sure... We'll have to inform Lord Leto when he wakes up what has happened and what we did." Rory spoke softly, tilting his head up a little to look into Ace's sparkly green, red and gold eyes. A soft smile appearing on both of their faces as they turned to Hunter.

"What do you want to do now?" Rory and Ace both seemed to ask at the same time, Hunter though for a moment before replying to them.

"We should all... rest up a bit for a while, we've all been through a lot, right? I'm going home, do you want to come with me Rory?" Hunter offered, making Rory's head nod gently. "What about you Ace?"

Ace looked down at his feet, a faint soft smile plastered across his lips, his eyes seemed blank as he answered him.

"I'll uh... catch up with you both later, alright?" Ace asked, stepping forward and wrapping both his arms securely around the both of them, squeezing them both gently in a reassuring hug. Hunter and Rory both hugged back for a moment before they all pulled away at the exact same time, both Hunter and Rory nodded in agreement as they both headed out of the room. The big doors behind them closing with a loud bang sound.

Ace slowly turned to face Leto, his head tilted upwards slightly so that he could take in his massive height. Leto was huge obviously because he was a Lord, Ace could practically fit inside of his hand. Tears slowly filled his eyes as his arms moved up, gripping the sides of his head and squeezing slightly.

His entire body shuddered as he slipped to his knees, tears flooding his eyes as he blinked madly, tears flowing in large amounts down his face, dripping off of his chin and falling onto the hard floor. He sniffled a few times but the tears wouldn't stop.

His grip on his head tightened on his hair as he pulled and tugged, not hard enough to rip any out of his head but enough to accidentally make it hurt.

Ace started giggling, eyes wide as he stared up at the ceiling, his vision was mostly cloudy and blurred from the tears but he couldn't care one bit.

"H-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Ace laughed, he laughed and laughed and laughed, feeling he would never stop, he was too happy to ever stop the moment, it was the best moments of his life.

"I-I'm finally free! F-Finally free!" Ace sobbed happily, closing his eyes as he felt more cold and wet tears stream down his face, staining his shirt and making it wet.

I-I'm free!

Finally free! Finally after so long! I'm finally free from everything! I'm freed from that horrible place! I'm finally able to forever leave! I never have to leave!

I-I've never been so happy... h-heh.

So many tears of joy.

I'm...

Finally...

Free...

___________________________

"My glorious Lord, Leto." Ace praised, kneeling in front of his Lord respectively as he closed his eyes lightly-the respected pose of a servant who would serve Leto.

"Hello there, Ace. Welcome back. I must say, thank you very much for getting rid of Lazarus for me. He's been a pain in my side for years now, You're to thank for that, including Rory and Hunter themselves but unfortunately they aren't here right now." Leto explained, Ace stood up after a moment, looking up at Leto because from his tone of voice, he still had something to say.

"I think you deserve a reward."

And just like that, something on Ace's back flashed blindingly white.

What was that? His back felt heavier than before, nothing hurt anymore, it was as if-

Suddenly, two big fluffy white wings stretched out big and wide from Ace's back. The same exact wings he had before, they were the same in every single way, nothing was different.

My... Wings.

"You're welcome, Ace. Glad to have you back."