xxii

|-/ josh |-/

"josh?" i stopped practicing drumming when i heard tyler call me from the other side of our apartment. i slipped my drumsticks into my back pocket and walked out to tyler's room, where he was sitting on his bed, staring down at his phone.

"it's chris." he pointed to his phone. i furrowed my eyebrows and took his phone, walking out of the room.

"josh! i've been trying to call you for ages." chris was obviously peeved with me. oops.

"sorry, i was drumming. anyways, what do you need?" i stood in the hallway and took my phone out of my pocket to check it, and there were five missed calls from chris.

"so, this might be hard to wrap your head around, but we're hiring you a girlfriend. the guys up top want you guys to get more publicity, and you getting a girlfriend would boost that."

"i can't just get a girlfriend in 5 seconds for publicity, that takes time." i sighed and ran my free hand through my hair.

"see, that's the things. with celebrities such as yourself, there will be a list of other celebrities willing to quote unquote 'date' you. it's a win-win! it's ridiculous, i know, but that's what they want." chris explained. he was right. that is stupid.

"um.. okay...?" i scratched the back of my neck in confusion. so basically all celebrity couples are fake?

"awesome. so you'll both meet up, sign a contract, and we'll be off. you'll only have to 'date' for a few years or months, then the contract expires, and you don't have to have anything to do with each other. i'll set up the meeting for saturday, be at the office by 9:30, i'm scheduling it for 10." chris then hung up, leaving me very very confused.

i went back into tylers room and handed him the phone, then went ahead and explained what chris told me.

"so... you're getting signed up to date some random person?" tyler confirmed. i nodded and crossed my arms over my chest.

"i don't get all this publicity stuff..." tyler muttered. i chuckled and nodded in agreement.

|-/ saturday |-/

i got on the shirt jeans and shirt i saw in my closet and threw on a hat at 9:20, i was out the door. i wasn;t in much of a rush, as i was pretty against this whole arranged dating thing.

i drove down the street to the office and walked in right on time. my phone said 9:31, but i figured i was fashionably late. just thinking about that made me smile to myself. i make myself laugh more than anyone else, honestly.

"josh! we scheduled the meeting for 9:45 instead of 10, and they're going to be here in a few minutes. we found you a victoria's secret model, by the way." my eyes almost popped out of their sockets when he said that. i'm going to be dating a supermodel? well... "dating."

the time came faster than i thought, as i was being dragged into a room by chris. a few minutes later, two people walked in, a guy and a girl. the girl looked like she definitely didn't want to be here- wait. i know that girl.

it was ashlynn.

"josh?" she asked once she sat down, interrupting our manager's chat.

"ash?" i responded.

"you two know each other?" her manager asked.

"uh, yeah. we used to live together." i responded.

"perfect! this should be a piece of cake. so, we agreed previously on a three-year contract, correct?" her manager asked mine.

"i never agreed on that." ash spoke up, earning a death glare from her manager.

"honey, we talked about this. you look pretty; i make decisions." her manager spoke as if she was lecturing a 4-year-old, and i wasn't having it. but, if i spoke up, we'd probably lose the deal. also, in all honesty, i was pretty excited to "date" ashlynn.

"josh?" chris broke me out of my thoughts. "just sign there, ashlynn already signed. i took the pen and signed the paper, and then i noticed how perfect her signature was. then there was mine, which one could slightly make out a j out of the entire thing. hers looked like it took 4 hours by a professional calligraphist.

"wonderful! we agreed you two would go on your first 'date' immediately, so go on now. take her somewhere nice! but make yourselves known, we want people to know about this. also, great job with the whole #whoisshe thing josh, such a great starting point for us." her manager rushed us out, leaving her and chris to talk.

"sorry about her," ash apologized after we left the room and got outside. "she's a bitch." her swearing almost made me choke on air. she was so innocent; i never thought she'd be the type to swear.

"it's fine. it was weird when she said it's your job to be pretty and let her make the decisions, though. you can make your own decisions if i'm honest." we walked down the sidewalk side by side. "also, what is that whole hashtag thing your manager was talking about?" i added.

"you didn't know about that? there's this whole thing on twitter about how some person got a picture of us running through the parking lot holding hands," she explained briefly.

"people haven't put two and two together with the whole me being on stage thing, though." she shrugged, her hands in her pockets. i nodded, ending the conversation there.

"oh- uh- since we're a 'couple' now, are we supposed to hold hands and stuff?" her stutter was adorable like she was all flustered just from mentioning holding my hand. "we don't have to- it's just that- well y'know when people-"

"ashlynn." i interrupted her, a smile on my face as i chuckled a little bit. her face was red as a tomato, and it just made her even more adorable. we came up with a crosswalk, and i put out my hand to her.

"shall we?" the sign changed to walk, and she took my hand, her gaze at her feet in embarrassment.

but then i remembered; we're not actually dating.

on the other hand, i can be a fantastic actor, can't i?

|-/

a/n: yo yo yo somebody said it's like a triple update in 24 hours so guess what quadruple update ahh hah 

also, i kinda need somebody to talk to but like about kind of serious stuff??? i don't know but i don't wanna tell my parents because they wont believe me... don't worry about me though, i don't think it's that urgent...