lii

"heads or tails?" my bandmate asked, balancing the coin on his thumb pushed against his finger with his thumb ready to flip at my word.

"tails never fails." i answered as i repeatedly tossed my baseball up and caught it. tyler flipped the coin, catching it then turning it over on the back of his hand.

"dang it!" he threw the coin across the room childishly. "it's rigged. you did something to cheat." he accused, causing me to chuckle.

"how on earth would i change it? you caught it, you flipped it, it said tails." i tossed the baseball across the room, landing it in my suitcase among my sprawled out clothes.

"maybe you stopped time, opened my hand when i had the coin at tails, changed it to heads, sat back down, unstopped time, and knew that when i turned it on the back of my hand it would be tails." tyler explained in a tangent, using various arm movements and swift gestures.

"he's got you there." mark added as he walked into the room, grabbing a soda from the kitchen.

"you win this round, tyler joseph." i put on my best 'menacing' voice possible, which was pretty awful.

for the next hour, tyler and jenna did their little couple thing or whatever, and i decided i'd skate around the city before the show like i usually did.

i ran into a couple of fans, one having a regional at best cd they wanted me to sign, the usual stuff.

the whole time i was skating, however, there seemed to be this person following me. they had a black jacket, cap, and sunglasses. they seemed straight out of men in black.

but, right as i was getting a bit scared, they took a sharp turn down an alley and didn't come back out.i let out a sigh of relief, glad i wouldn't have to be nearly blinded by one of those memory erasers the men in black have.

i got back to the venue a few hours before the show, the crew already running around as they tried to set things up.

"josh!" tyler beckoned from behind me. i turned to see him with jenna, but that was normal. they were practically inseparable since the engagement.

"jenna wants your input on which theme we should do for the wedding." tyler informed me as i got closer to the couple. he turned his phone towards me and told me to scroll through possible themes. it made me feel incredible, the fact they wanted my input. they trust me with a decision as big as a theme for their wedding.

"the 3rd one." i confidently gave tyler back the phone.

"we were thinking that one!" jenna told giddily.

"how do you always think what we're thinking?" tyler added with a chuckle.

"i used my stopping time powers to time travel to the wedding and saw which theme you picked." i joked with a shrug.

"jenna!" someone called from behind us once again. jenna looked to tyler and kissed his cheek before scurrying off, tyler yelling that he "missed her already." bleh.

"you guys are so lovey-dovey." i poked followed by a chuckle.

"you're just jealous of my loving relationship." tyler's eyes lit up with an idea, which usually was a bad sign for me. "speaking of loving relationships, do you have anyone to take to the wedding?" tyler raised his eyebrows expectantly, nudging my side. i chuckled and pushed him away.

"no, i don't plan on taking anyone. i enjoy being single." i covered my side from his elbow.

"suit yourself. as long as you show up, i'm good." tyler put his hands up in an 'i surrender' way. a few minute passed, and of course, tyler had to speak up again. "i could hook you up with one of jenna's bridesmaid's if you wanted."

"tyler!"

"sorry, sorry. i'm just lookin' out for ya, bro." he put on a fake californian surfer dude voice and shoved me when he said bro, at which i shoved him back.

"owie!" he exclaimed when i returned the shove. "how dare you! this jacket is prada!" he put on another voice, this time presumably of a rich girl or something.

tyler never failed to make me laugh, and it was great. but alas, i knew he was going to bug me about this date to the wedding thing right up to the day it happens.