xxxv

"you think you're smart, don't you?" her voice was a cold dead one, but soothing one at the same time. it scared the shit out of jenna.

"jenna. i'm not someone you want to get in the way of, darling." she was circling jenna now, a wicked smile imprinted in her features. "little miss savior to the rescue, huh?" cassandra gave jenna a shove to the chest, causing her to cough and fall backward.

"see? not so strong now, huh?" cassandra teased, giving jenna a sharp kick to the side. jenna yelled in pain, her hands going to her now bruised side. "shut up!" cassandra shouted over her grief, delivering another kick to the same spot, then punches, then slaps, and jenna was too weak to do anything about it. "just fucking shut up!" cassandra shouted again.

the kicking finally stopped, and cassandra towered over the heap of a person that was jenna, panting heavily. her fist was still balled, and it took everything in her not to go apeshit on jenna again.

"now get the //fuck// out of my house." cassandra hissed, spitting down on jenna before stepping over her body and out the door.

jenna silently cried in pain, trying to hold all parts of her body that were injured. surely she could get home; she'd make herself. no one in the hospital would believe that cassandra did this to her. cassandra is too good at acting.

jenna rose to her feet with a loud cry of pain, screaming in agony the entire way to the front door. she felt like cassandra was //watching// her like this, //enjoying// her misery.

she hobbled to her car and turned the key in the ignition, trying her hardest to just focus on exactly what she was doing. driving.

jenna took a deep breath, and with another sharp pain, she pressed her foot on the gas pedal, reversing out of the driveway. she decided to take backroads, so she didn't have to go too fast.

when she got home, it felt like a miracle to see both tyler and josh's cars back in the driveway. she wouldn't have to wait for them to find her, a mess on the floor.

it took all of her power just to turn the key in the door; she even had to switch hands, so it didn't hurt as much. she definitely broke her wrist. she hobbled inside the house, and tyler's voice greeting her was almost unheard as the ringing had taken over her hearing.

"jenna, is that you?" tyler's voice called. she was about to answer, but she was already collapsed on the kitchen floor.

"jenna?" tyler called again. he exchanged a glance with josh, and they both got up to head for the kitchen.

"jenna!" tyler shouted once he saw his wife, a bloody pile on the floor.

"josh, get a wet towel or something!" tyler yelled, sitting on the ground and taken jenna in his arms.

"c'mon baby... wake up. c'mon... wake up!" tyler had to restrain himself from slapping her awake as josh came back and handed him the towel, which tyler folded and patted jenna's forehead with it.

"should we call an ambulance?" josh suggested worriedly, sitting on the ground next to jenna and tyler.

"no." tyler responded rather quickly. "let's just see if she wakes up and if she doesn't we'll call an ambulance." josh nodded in understanding and waited with tyler, who looked close to almost crying.

finally, jenna started coming to, and a few minutes later she was fully woken and ready to talk.

"who did this to you?" tyler asked immediately. "and don't lie to me."

"you wouldn't believe me yet." the moment jenna finished her sentence, josh knew who she was talking about.

"that bitch..." josh whispered in anger.

"whoa, you swore." tyler pointed out. "you never do that." tyler was astonished, to say the least.

"get ashlynn over here." jenna spoke up. "i have to tell her."

"on it." josh nodded and got up, bringing his phone to his ear.

"hun, what's happening?" before jenna could answer, josh came back.

"she's on her way now." josh spoke and sat back down.

"could someone explain what's going on?" tyler asked again, louder this time.

"josh was right." jenna stated directly.

"that's new." tyler joked, earning a light punch in the arm from josh. "what was he right about?"

"cassandra and her bitchiness, for lack of a better term." jenna explained.

"wait, really? did cassandra do this to you?" tyler's eyes widened as his protective husband side kicked in.

"babe, i'm fine. it'll heal." they all turned their heads in the direction of the front door as ashlynn walked in. the room went silent; she hadn't noticed jenna yet.

"i was summoned?" she jokingly pestered, then her eyes landed on jenna. "holy shit."

"yup." josh spat bitterly, earning a glare from jenna.

"whoa, what'd i do?" ashlynn put her hands up in an "i surrender" type way and returned josh's glare. to say they were even in her mind wasn't quite the right term.

"josh was right about cassandra." jenna spoke for josh. "she did this to me. she wants to //kill// josh. i have the proof," jenna took out her phone from her pocket with a pained face, going to her camera roll. luckily, jenna slipped in a few pictures of cassandra's plans before she was beaten half to death. "see?"

ashlynn looked through the blurred pictures in horror, swiping through all the pictures taken. then, there was the picture of the journal. ashlynn handed back the phone, and her mouth was stuck open, her back slid down the wall. she had a panic attack. she hasn't had one since she was 14, and she had no idea how to calm herself anymore.

josh was quick to her side, putting an arm around her shoulders. she flinched but eased and curled up to her side as she shivered through her attack.

"we're gonna do something about this." ashlynn spoke briskly through her clenched teeth, trying to recompose herself.

"but what?" jenna asked, her voice knitted with distraught. she'd worked her master plan, and she was beat out of ideas. literally and figuratively.

"i don't know, but now that we all believe each other, we can take her down."

|-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/

a/n: honestly i wasn't gonna hurt jenna then somebody gave me the idea in the last comments shoutout to @SkyletRose thanks for the idea boo xx