Bad Boys are injurious to health

(Chapter 7)
*Alyssa's POV*
A month passed as fast as the flash (Well, it felt like that). All of a sudden it was the first of November. My mom was back from the hospital and everything was functioning normally. Sydney and Trystan's relationship was strong and Adrian and him, sitting with us became a regular schedule. I actually started liking Adrian, Outside he looked like a rock hard bad playboy but inside he was actually understanding and sweet. Still doesn't change me calling him jerk. Especially when he teases me. Apparently he and Kira were a little distant from eachother. Ever since he started sitting with us, Kira never bothered me... Infact she pretended I didn't exist.
        Adrian never explained why he had a grudge against his sibling because though I was an only child, I still knew that no matter how many fights siblings had it never ended up in permanent hatred. Unless something extremely major happened.
         Trystan had an older brother who got a job in Australia, where Sydney was from. Despite the fact that Sydney lived here in San Fransisco for more than three years, she still had a hint of an Australian accent. Like me, she was an only child. Well, before it happened and I was the only daughter my parents had. Stop it. Don't start thinking about it.
         On Friday evening Adrian asked if I wanted to come over to study at his place so I agreed, surprised that he actually wanted to study.
               *
I wore a plain white shirt with a denim jacket and skinny jeans. My hair was let loose over my shoulders but neatly pinned behind my ears on one side. I drove over to his house, a few blocks away and parked my car near his Mustang, a couple of feet away from Kira's Mini van. I had forgotten she would be here with Adrian at home. Before I changed my mind about coming I rang the doorbell and waited nervously. I had never been to his house before. It was painted an off white with french windows. "Why are you here." Kira said with venom. I practically jumped and came back to Earth. "Um..Right. Adrian? We're studying Calculus...Um together?" I said it more like a question. If looks could kill, I'd have been as dead as Juliet, with my imaginary boyfriend, Romeo. "Get in." Kira finally said and practically dragged me into her lavish house.
            Gosh this girl honestly needed to be reminded that I FREAKING BROKE UP WITH HER EX: Carl Damon And we both hated him, So why is she still against me ? Like what the hell girl? "Okay." I said when she abandoned me at the bottom of the stairs near a door. Hey, Adrian, now would be a pretty good time to come save me. Wait what?! No way, I could go to his room and save myself , I wasn't a good "Damsel in Distress' anyway. I put on a confident smile and marched to the door on the left side of the stairs and pushed it open. If it was Adrian's room, I really did not care about manners. Unfortunately, it wasn't his room.
          A man in his late forties lounged on the couch, thankfully not facing me. At least life was in favour of  me for once. The man was probably Adrian's father but he didn't look anything like Kira and Adrian. He had blonde hair and sky blue eyes with a more grim posture to him. Quietly I shut the door again and breathed a sigh of relief. "Hey cinnamon, guess you met my stepdad, Morgan" I sucked in a breath of pure shock.
                   ***

           Adrian's room was small with a bathroom connected, sky blue walls with band posters and pictures of him and Trystan all over  the walls. A four poster bed was neatly made which he gestured for me to sit on while he pulled out his books. Awkwardly, I sat down and took my books out. Hating the tension between us I tried for small talk, "So that was your.. Um stepdad?" Adrian didn't reply for a moment before saying, "Yes... So, what do you wanna do?" I could tell it was probably a touchy subject so I decided not to push him. "Well, we're here to study..."I reminded him. "Yeah..Right" He definitely looked disappointed with my answer but what could I do? Wasn't that the reason I came here for? Just as I pulled my books out of my bag I caught sight of a guitar leaning against the side of a cupboard. "Wow, you play the guitar?"I asked and abandoned my books and walked over to it. "Yes. You play too?" "Well, I'm not any good though..."I mumbled back and carefully took the guitar out and took it back to the bed. Adrian sat next to me with his phone in his hands, expectantly. "Whoa.. I'm so not playing and giving you another reason to tease me." "Come on give it a try, Cinnamon" He urged. 

                I took a deep breath and looked down at the guitar. "Okay."I replied and begun to tune the guitar. Still keeping my head down I began to play a few chords. "That's right"Adrian encouraged. Smiling to myself, I strummed harder and harder to no particular beat. "Yeah!!"Adrian cried. I closed my eyes, confidence building inside me as I strummed hard with not much of rhythm. "Oh yeah! That beat though!!!" Adrian cried. Grinning I began to hum along with no actual tune, still keeping my eyes closed in concentration. "Hell yeah baby! This beat is ROCKING IT!" Adrian was practically yelling now. I stopped strumming and opened my eyes with a goofy smile only to see Adrian a few feet away from me dancing with headphones on. "THIS SONG IS AMAZING!!"He yelled and I scowled after crossing my arms. He looked over at me and then smiled apologetically after taking his headphones off. "Sorry Cinnamon, were you playing my guitar? I didn't hear it..Oops" I moaned and threw a pillow at him.

Really?? And just when I thought I got the hang of playing the guitar. I sooo hate you, Skyler!

A/N

Hello Guys!!!

Thanks for stopping to read sending lots of love to all of my readers.

I know, this isn't my regular schedule for updating but since my exams are coming up in a few months, I really want to update as much as possible. I probably won't get time during the month of my exams.

Please COMMENT, VOTE and SHARE my story. 
Media as Vanessa Hudgens

Also, now you know, Adrian has a little rough family history.I gave some hints but the story will unravel soon. Stay tuned loves!

~The Unicorn In The Rain :*