A clichéd but not so clichéd date

(Chapter 45)

*Alyssa's POV*

I ran my hands along the indigo coloured velvet bodycon dress with a Bardot neckline and then slipped into a pair of black boots. "New dress, Aly?" My mom asked. I turned and looked over to find her leaning against the doorframe and shot her a grateful smile. "Borrowed it from Syd. Going for a meeting?" I asked looking at her grey formal suit. "Yes, hon. I'll be back before 11 latest. Your father will message on the way back." I shot her a thumbs up sign before she left and then quickly winged my eyeliner relieved that both eyes came out even. Sydney would be proud. I applied some matt black lipstick and mascara and put on a choker right before the door bell rang.

I opened the door to find Adrian in a semi formal attire, but his messy hair still not gone. I resisted the urge to pat it down. "Hey" He pecked my cheek. "you ready?" "Yes" I said, grabbing my clutch and house keys. We stepped out, the evening wind blowing my loose hair back and ruffling Adrian's. I sat shotgun in his car and we drove listening to the radio on low. "I'm glad this is working out, you know" Adrian didn't look away from the road so I stole a glance at him. "Me too" I replied. There was a long pause as we turned right and I smiled. "Are you going to tell me where you plan on taking me or is this a clichéd surprise?" I asked and fiddled with my fingers nervously.

What if he took me to those romantic candle dinners like in the movies and then we end up doing it. I wasn't ready for it though.. Was I? I felt overly conscious and kept smoothing my dress down. "Oh you'll see." Was all he replied, still not looking at me. Calm down Alyssa, it's your first actual date with him don't ruin it, chill out.

*

We pulled up at the beach, the sky now almost fully, and I stepped out confused. "The Beach?" I asked him incredulously scanning the deserted area. "Um-er, yeah" Adrian scratched the back of his neck nervously. I looked down at my clothes, wondering if I was overdressed, and shrugged. "Alright" "Okay, so, I know this is over used and all. But hey, they do this in the movies and as far as I know, apparently girls love it." Adrian spoke as he went to the boot of the car and took a scarf out. "Whoa, what's that for?" I backed away uncertainly. "I'm just going to blindfold you till we get there ok? Clichéd but necessary" He tied the dark scarf over my eyes and latched my hand onto his arm as everything went dark. "I swear if I fall into the sea and drown, I'll descend back down from heaven and kill you, Skyler" I muttered. "Aw c'mon Cinnamon, I took you to Venice and you still don't trust me?" Adrian joked. "Coming from an ex-amateur-drug dealer." I pouted and he laughed. "Okay, come on." He led me forwards and I shuffled hastily relying on my sense of touch and well.. Sense of Adrian.

After a few seconds I felt the sand under my boots and we kept going until Adrian pulled me to a stop and I reached up to take the scarf off but he held my hands back. "Not yet, just give me a sec.. Okay yeah done- Wait no! I need to take off the scarf, the hero always does that in the movies, remember!" He cried and everything came back to focus as the scarf fell to the sand. "Oh my god" I breathed, my mouth hanging open. There was one gigantic hammock attached to two palm trees with yellow lights festooning the area, hanging from temporary poles and palm trees. There was a small sheet spread out on the floor with packed food and drinks. "You're kidding me" I gasped as I threw my arms around his neck and he chuckled wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into a kiss. Before we got too intense, I broke away and went onto my toes, kissing his forehead. "I'd love to make out but I prefer food right now" He rolled his eyes but grinned.

We settled cosily into the hammock, throwing a thin sheet over us and leaning into some cushions. The food was not typically romantic like everything else but hey pizza can seduce me better than any hot actor on this planet! Adrian took out his phone and played 'Everything I Do, I Do It For You' and pulled me closer to him. I reluctantly put the pizza slice down trying my best not to give it a longing look and let him kiss my lips slowly to the romantic music. "I love you Cinnamon," He breathed against my lips. "And I love you Adrian" I whispered back.

We kissed for a few seconds and then I broke away. "Okay, please, my dad loves this song! And it's cheesy and all so can you please change it now" I complained with a laugh. He chuckled and exhaled. "I thought you'd never ask!" He changed the song to some rock song and I bobbed my head up and down to the beats. "Dance" Adrian grinned and jumped out of the hammock and began to jam to the music. I laughed and joined him, bouncing up and down, linked to the rhythm of the song. Our laughter soon grew louder than the music itself.

A/N

Hallelujah!!!!!! The book's practically completed now. I think this was the last chapter. I might post an epilogue soon. I REALLY hope you guys enjoyed the books like I appreciate all my readers. I love you guys so much ahh.

Vote and Comment, we've reached the end guys!

LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU GUYS ONCE MORE!

I hope this chapter wasn't TOO clichéd or sappy. I kept trying to break the whole cheesiness of it but with Alyssa and Adrian eating pizza, it was hard. Oh.My.God. That was so lame *Inserts face palm and laughing emoji*

You can slide in my inbox with feedback of the ENTIRE book and tell me your favourite parts and chapters. Thanks a lot for reading! Love y'all.

Media as Vanessa Hudgens

~The Unicorn In The Rain