You Make up, then we Make out

(Chapter 43)

*Alyssa's POV*

I slipped into my sandals and picked up my phone to check the time. "Gonna be late, see you guys!" I yelled out while opening the front door. Yes, it was a rare occasion when my parents were taking a day off. It had been a hard but honest and fruitful talk with them when I explained my feelings and why I felt the need to spend more time with them, to them. But in the end, they apologized for not making enough time for me and somehow everything went from TERRIBLE to GREAT with them. Did my fairy godmother wave her wand or was it just me?

However, just because things were great with my parents didn't mean my whole life was straightened out and happy ever after again. I still didn't know what Adrian and I were yet. I had to fix things with Sydney and tell her how sorry I was. I had to at least try to get on talking terms with Trystan and somehow get Adrian and him to be friends again. The guilt of being responsible for their fight was unbearable. And I had to figure out if my frenemy, Kira was going to decide to leave me in peace instead of make my life hell as usual. And then I had to prevent my grades from slipping again and falling prey to the drama of high school and get back the good look in my teachers' eyes. Wow, fairytales never did specify about the amount of work it was to get their happy little ending. Oof

I drove to school and caught sight of Adrian's sturdy back leaning against the lockers as he talked to one of those arrogant jocks. Don't judge, Alyssa. You thought Adrian was arrogant remember? (And cheap and shallow and dirty and annoying and clichéd) I reminded myself. I began to call for Adrian but stopped short. What was I supposed to say 'Babe' or 'Hon' or just 'Adrian'. URGH! "Sweetie!" I ended up squeaking in a high pitched voice. A couple of cheerleaders snickered and the jock Adrian was talking to raised an eyebrow. Adrian turned with a look of annoyance and faltered. "Oh, sorry, I thought it was just another.." I knew what he was going to say. 'Wanna be Adrian girlfriend' s "Oh, it's nothing" I managed with a way too bright smile. "Wait-Did you call me sweetie" Adrian looked on the verge of laughing. Way to go Alyssa! "Um-Uhh-I-I" What were we!? "Naw, it was cute, Cinnamon" He pulled me to his side, his hand on my waist and I exhaled, my cheeks pink. "This nerd chick the one you took to Venice? You bang her already?" The jock wiggled his eyebrows and I choked on my breath. If it's possible to choke on air, that is. "This chick is my girlfriend, Tyler." I bit down a pleased grin at that. "Ah, the one Trystan.." Tyler was cut off by Adrian's glare. "Backing off!" Tyler grinned and held his hands up as he backed away but not in a scared manner. "See you, bro" Adrian rolled his eyes and did one of those fist pumps boys did and I rolled my eyes. "Done your majesty?" I asked and turned to him with a sly smile. "You bet.. Sweetie" "Oh shutup-" I began but he cut me off by slamming his lips on mine. Note: Not even close to the term 'gentle'.

I pulled away with a smile, my arms around his neck. We must've felt a presence because we both turned our heads to the right to find a stony faced Trystan standing with his bag slung over his shoulders and arms folded. I could see a couple of people staring at us intently, obviously up to date with the gossip of our school. "Trystan, we need to talk" I sighed but Adrian stuck an arm out to stop me. "You're not going anywhere alone with HIM" "I am not going to be told who I can talk to by YOU" I replied gently and pushed his hand away. "You two should  sort out everything." I gestured in between them. "Nuhuh. I'm just here for my locker" Trystan shook his head and pushed past me but I grabbed his backpack and he let out a groan. "Let me rephrase that. You two will sort everything out" "Cinnamon, I actually agree with him, us in the same room for too long will result in.. Blood. Yeah and a couple of bruised eyes!" Adrian jabbed. "Funny both those bruised eyes will be yours Skyler!" Trystan growled. "You've got a strange sense of humour Moorway" Adrian shot back and I rolled my eyes (AGAIN) and unzipped Trystan's backpack. "This," I held up his fancy car keys "Is mine till you two get this done" I pocketed it, ignoring Trystan's protests. "And what can you blackmail me with Cinnamon?" Adrian whispered with a smirk. I pushed him. "I won't be talking to you till you're done. Let alone kissing business. Now, if you'll excuse me gentlemen, I have an extremely boring chemistry class to get to. Buh-bye!" I walked away with satisfaction, rattling Trystan's keys.