They say every good girl, has a dark side

(Chapter 29)

*Alyssa's POV*

I took deep breaths to come myself. I'd just come home from school with Sydney and we were at my place. 28th March. "Aly, it'll be fine. It's just one lie" She soothed and stroked my hair as I stared at my phone as if it were a shark. "One lie. One lie that leads to another and another. I've lied before, Syd, but nothing this big. Lies can do more harm than what I am doing" I leaned forward and buried my head in my hands. "You can do this Aly. Just think about what this lie is worth! Going to the place of your dreams with a hot bad boy. AND for your sister. Venice would've wanted you to go" Sydney said and rubbed squeezed my shoulders. "Venice, had the courage to do anything." I muttered, then held my breath as I pressed 'call' on my mother's number.

The phone rang twice, then thrice. "She told me not to call before night" I told Sydney as the phone kept ringing and I put it on speaker. "Why because she's in a meeting? All the better, she'll be distracted" Sydney replied with a smirk. "Alyssa, what's it? I'm busy" My mother's voice spoke urgently from the other line. This is it, no turning back now. Yeah, Home Alone reference. I mean don't you just love that movie? NOT THE TIME ALYSSA! "Hey! Hey mom! I'm sorry it's just-" I faked a cough and continued "I'm..I'm sick" I made a gagging noise and Sydney shot me a thumbs up. "What? What's wrong?" My mom asked and I could tell she was distracted. "I feel a fever coming up, I've got a dreadful cold and cough and I threw up just now" I said and faked a sniffle. "Oh god, I'll call your doctor." "No need mom, I saw her, she said to stay home and rest for a few days. Can you call my school and tell them I'm not coming for a few days?" I said and Sydney crossed her fingers. "Oh, alright, I'll do it when my meeting is done. Sleep enough okay?" She said. "Yes, mum. I'm gonna go, I feel some bile coming up" I lied and we exchanged 'I love you' s and ended the call. "HELL YEAH BAD GIRL!" Sydney high fived me and I dried my sweaty palms on my thighs. "So that's done, I'll call Adrian and tell him to pick me up." I said, still feeling my heart race at the blatant lie I told my mom. What if my parents found out I'm going to Venice? Shut up, it's worth the risk.

I changed into slim fit jeans and a T-shirt with 'DOPE' scrawled in pink on it, then I gave a tight hug to Sydney in a silent Goodbye. "Thank you" I murmured. She didn't have to ask me for what.

***

I pulled my small purple suitcase out of Adrian's car, I gripped my hand bag and gazed at the airport basking in the setting sun. "This is it" He said and locked his car, holding his suitcase. "Yeah" I spoke hoarsely and he took my hand, leading me to the 'Departure' door. "It'll be fine" He assured me and I prayed to god that my hand wasn't sweaty. We showed them our passports and then entered the airport.

After we gave our luggage and went through security check, we waited for our turn to board our flight. I kept bouncing my leg and Adrian rested his hand on it to still it. "Hey, we're here to enjoy. Don't be stressed" "Yeah. That's kind of easy for you to say, you didn't tell your parents a T-Rex sized lie to come here" I grumbled and dug my hand into the packet of potato chips I bought. "Yeah well, it took a lot of convincing too." He answered and fiddled with our tickets. "Hmmm. What did your stepdad say?" I asked. "Well, he's glad that I took the money. He tried to convince me not to go, but that didn't work. I-I also had a major fight with Kira. She shouted that I was stealing mom's money to accomplish your dreams" He sighed and I scratched my neck in guilt. "All this for me... Why?" I asked quietly. He opened his mouth to answer but there was an announcement that boarding had started and he quickly got up and pulled me to the line, changing the topic to food. Hey, I could live with that.

*

I watched as the lights of the Golden Gate Bridge disappear and we entered a dense cloud. "We're actually going" I whispered in disbelief to Adrian who sat next to me. I leaned back from the window and smiled at him. "Yeah, we are" He said, grinning and squeezed my hand. "Thank you" I said quietly and rested my head on his shoulder. This would be a long flight.

***

I woke up to the voice of a flight attendant. I lifted my head from Adrian's shoulder and groaned. I had a stiff neck, just what I needed. Adrian was asleep, his head touching mine, his arm wrapped around my shoulder. Wow, we slept all the thirteen hours, thank god it was a direct flight. I nudged him and he bolted upright, knocking me in the face. "I'm awake!" He cried and looked at me concerned. "What happened? Are you okay?" He asked. "Nothing until you head butted me, you pouch less kangaroo!" I rubbed my forehead and he laughed. "I think that's the nicest insult I've ever heard" I rolled my eyes and pointed out the window as the ground came nearer. We were here. The reality settled in my stomach. "Ladies and gentlemen, we are landing shortly in Venice Marco Polo airport. The temperature is 16 degrees Celsius and the time: 5:30 pm. Please fasten your seat belts, flight crew please return to your seats for landing. Thank you all for flying with us and we look forward to seeing you again" The flight attendants voice spoke through the speakers and I hastily buckled my seat belt, taking in the marvellous sight out of the window. The canals and the sea had a tinge of green to the water and boats were seen all around like the sprinkles on a doughnut.

                                                                     *

After claiming our luggage we stepped out of the airport and breathed in the fresh air of Venice for the first time.

A/N

*Drum roll*

Thanks for reading, love to all.

Stick around for the next chapter. Thanks for all the reads

Vote for me maybe and comment.

Media as Cameron Dallas

xx