Chapter 9

A/N

Okay, I promised that I'd update last week but it had a condition. "If I reach my goal"  but I didn't reach it though so I guess that's why I didn't update on promised date. Please vote and comment. I really appreciate your thoughts and votes.

XXjuliane

Chapter 9

        “Kaitlyn? What are you doing here?” he asked, shaking his head. I guess he couldn’t believe it either.

 Heck, nobody even thought this would happen.

“I should ask you the same question,” I snapped. It wasn’t that I wasn’t happy that my boyfriend was here but meeting him in Ky’s house is unbelievable and definitely wrong timing since my whole family is here.

“My mom and Joanna are first degree cousins,” he replied. Joanna was Ky’s mom.

Oh god, this is a lot to take in. A whole f*cking lot. First was Belly and now Kace. Who’s going to be next? Amanda?

“Is there something I’m missing here?” Dad asked, his eyebrow furrowing.

“Oh um, Kace is my classmate back in London. It’s a very big surprise to see him here and were pretty good friends dad,” I replied, giving him an innocent smile.

Dad, mom and Keith never knew I was in a relationship. Kace and I weren’t exactly secretly dating but we were pretty much close to that and the only ones who knew that we had a relationship were our friends in the boarding school and his family.

Actually, a few years back, Dad told me that before I could go to the boarding school, I can’t wouldn’t couldn’t have a boyfriend and I reluctantly agreed thinking that I would have a zero possibility in the relationship department.

Guess I was wrong.

 Kace was still holding the door but when mom cleared her throat and glared at us. “Oh, so sorry ‘bout that,” he apologized, his English accent clear in his voice.

He motioned for us to get in and I looked at him in the eye that says ‘I’m-so-sorry-but-I-have-to-go-and-I-promise-were-going-to-talk-soon’.

He gave me a curt nod before I disappeared out of his sight. I trailed after my family, looking around.

We were currently in their living room. There were velvet couches that formed a square, surrounding a carved wooden table. Above the ceiling was their grand chandelier that had gems and crystals hanging beautifully and on the center was their family picture wherein they posed and dressed elegantly, smiling at the camera.

Rich people tend to have a picture perfect to everybody. And the Rivers were not an exception.

Michael and his wife Rose were at the middle, sitting on golden plush chairs while their children Kyle, Anna, Sebastian, and Tessa were at their sides, posing elegantly in front of the camera. The men wore tux and the women wore their designer dresses that were only designed especially for them.

Our family also had a picture like this; it was in our living room too.

“Kait,” someone squealed. It didn’t take a genius to find out who it was.

Oompf.

Tessa hugs me from behind clumsily, causing me to tumble backwards. “It’s been years. Omygod, you look even prettier and sexier,” she squealed again and I think my eardrums would bleed by the sound her squealing.