Chapter 12

Chapter 12

        A few days after my encounter with Ky, I avoided him especially on mornings. I decided I didn’t want to do my jogging errands outside the house but instead, I jogged on our treadmill located on our gym room. I hated treadmills, it made me feel like my time was counted and how much I really hated exercising. I guess that’s probably why I liked jogging outside since I could be lost in a moment, I wouldn’t have any care how much time I consumed. Yet I chose to jog on our stupid treadmill instead since I wanted to avoid Ky.

I decided that the next time I see him and he demands for an explanation, I already have saved enough courage to tell him everything.

Amy called me a few times this week. Our conversation lasts for hours- another time consuming thing I did purposely. She knew everything, even the reason why I left. I guess that’s what best friends are for, and like in the tv series Pretty Little Liars: secrets keeps friends close. I think that’s true but it would be huge risk though but I trusted my best friend whole heartily.

 I invited Kace over for pizza at the house for lunch. I told him, I’d order two boxes of pizza with extra cheese just for him. He loved pizza, and I knew he couldn’t refuse the offer. I called him up five times before he answered, “Uh- hey baby,” he greeted, surprise clearly visible on his voice.

Baby? Since when did he call me baby? Last time he did it was when he was guilty of something. Was he?

I shrugged it off, he was probably just comforting me. “Hey Kace. I ordered three boxes of pizza with extra cheese,” I said. I was hoping he would get the whole point already.

“Okay,” he said, his voice ragged. Okay so he didn’t get the point at all. Seriously, this wasn’t how he reacted when I tell him this, he just tells me he’s coming to my place and helps me finish everything. But he didn’t, not this time.

 I cleared my throat, “So, wanna help me finish it all?”

“Uh” Was that a moan? “Just freeze it up Kaitlyn, I’m busy right now,” he said and immediately hung up before I could even reply.

WTF? Kaitlyn?! He never calls me Kaitlyn, never. And he even the nerve to hung up on me?! And why do I have a bad feeling about this?  I’m so going to the River’s residence right now.

Urh, when I catch you Kace red handed, you’re so dead to me. We’re so going to be over.

***

I don’t usually drive really fast but this time, I made an exception. I drove in my car, and it only took less than five minutes rather than ten when I arrived. The staff already knew me so it wasn’t much of a big deal to get me inside.

I stomped my foot towards the house. Just when I was about to step foot on their second floor, Ky blocked me, gripping my shoulders tightly. “We should talk Kait,” he said, calmly.

“The heck Kyle, let me go. This is not the time for us to talk,” I gritted my teeth, trying to calm myself. But still he gripped his hands on my shoulder more firmly. I wiggled out of his hands.

“Please don’t fight me Kait. You’ll hate what you’ll see,” he whispered in my ear, begging me. I looked at him in the eye, my eyes blazing with anger and pushed him with all my might. When his gripped loosened a bit, I ran further down the hall. I knew where Kace stayed anyway so I rushed to it.

As I saw the view I front of me, I regretted running away from Ky right away. He was right, I will hate what I would see because I already did. There in front of me was Kace and a girl kissing, both of the naked. I could hear them both moan. I resisted the urge to cry and took the pitcher of water on the tray of Ky’s room and poured all of it to both of them. “What the F***!” the girl cried, clearly shocked.