13.0

CONFUSED

'I'm not sure I want to know.' Roman Wilde admitted to the girl standing in front of him with wide eyes. She had shaken him awake as he slept peacefully on the chair, in order to give her company.

Her panic striken face had immediately made him jump to conclusions, but after hearing her troubles out, the panic had transferred onto his own gorgeous face.

She was on her period, and he had no clue what to do. Though he would like to admit that he handled the situation with utmost professionalism, that was not the case. He ran out of the room and convinced the first pack woman he saw to help him acquire the female necessities.

Cringing internally, he left the room and stood outside, making sure no one disturbed her she took care of the problem.

Meanwhile Daria was glad that her period had given her an excuse to get a fresh set of clothes and clean innerwear. She emerged from the back of the screen surrounding the toilet, and walked over to the door, giving it a knock that signalled that she was ready.

'I don't know why were you acting like I had contracted a contagious disease.' Daria admonished Roman, dragging the long chains around.

'I just don't like the whole concept.' He shivered.

'Someday you're going to have a mate, a female mostly, who's going to go through the same natural process and you are going to live with her your whole life.' Daria laughed, truly amused.

'But nows not the time.' He stubbornly replied. 'When it happens, it happens.'

'Imagine the same thing happening to you.' She smirked.

'Don't put images in my brain.' Roman glared at Daria.

'Now you know why women are considered stronger than men.' She flipped her hair, still smirking.

'They aren't.'

'Yes they are.'

'You've been brought up in a strange place then.'

'Nope, I've been living at home all my life, you've been taught all the wrong things.'

'I-' Daria let out a disgruntled sound, clutching her stomach with false pain.

'It hurts so much, do you know that perio-'

'That's it, I'm going out. Here is my phone, play a game if you want to but please don't talk anymore.' He sighed, mumbling under his breath.

'But-'

He removed the Simcard from it's small slot at the side and handed Daria his cell phone, smiling apologetically when he saw that she had caught his actions.

'I'm sorry, I have to take precautions. I can't let you call anyone.' He said.

'I understand, I've tried to run once already so your Alpha is scared that I would run away.' She replied, shrugging.

'He is not scared.' Roman tried to defend his leader.

'Oh admit it already.' Daria rolled her eyes. The sun was high overhead, and the bright beams were falling in a slant on Roman who cast a dark shadow upon the walls. His constant shifting was was imitated by the shadow, and Daria's attention had fixated onto it.

'Well, calls can be traced, so I don't blame him.' Roman snapped her out of her state of day dreaming.

'All my games are saved under the same folder. You should try this game called Colour Switch, it's addictive.' He added on a second thought.

'I'll give it a try, it's better than being bored to death and rotting here.' Her frown hadn't disappeared, but it had reduced enough to not give her aged wrinkles in a day.

'Much better.' He flashed her a smile and speed walked outside.

***

Daria realised that Roman's had a good taste in entertainment, but more than the game, the pictures that she found while snooping through his gallery were better.

She felt her mate getting closer and tucked the phone securely behind her back and the wall, taking in a heavy breath as he entered the room. Her nervousness didn't go unnoticed by him but he stood silently against the wall, staring at her.

'I don't get this, you ignore me for weeks and then come two days consecutively?' She stared back.

'I came to check on the leakage issue of the room.' He said gruffly.

'It's not raining anymore.' Daria pointed out.

'Yes, but water can still fall.' Emerson looked up, pretending to check the ceiling as he rotated.

'For some reason I don't believe you.'

'For some reason you don't need to.'

'As long as I stay here, this is my room, so I would like it if you didn't force your presence onto me.' He let out a dark chuckle.

'Acting feisty are we? This brave facade that you put won't last forever.' Then with a faraway look in his eyes, he softly added. 'I've seen you, you're different.'

His remark caught Daria off guard. This wasn't the first time he was suggesting something like this, it sounded strangely odd, as if he had been stalking her for a long time. She wouldn't be surprise though, she always knew that someone was around, only the identity of the person was a mystery.

'Circumstances change people.' His looked a little flushed.

'Such a drastic change?' He enquired.

'It was always there, I just didn't feel the need to unleash this side of me unnecessarily.'

'I bring out the special side?' He had a cold smirk on his face.

'If by special you mean bad? Then yes, you do.'

'I don't understand you.'

'You don't need to.' Daria mimicked his emphasis on need. There was a huge difference between need and want, but only a fine line seperating them.

'I know.' He stopped for a minute, assessing her changed clothes and pair of pants that she didn't have the fortune of wearing before.

'Finally you won't parade around naked.' His voice was, and so were his clenched fists.

'You're talking like it was by choice.' But he hadn't heard that, because he had rushed out almost as quickly as Roman had earlier in the day, when the shadow had been cast on the west wall.

Daria was confused, and it seemed like even Alpha Emerson had joined the club.

_______|||________

READ
VOTE
COMMENT

I love y'all! <3