10.0

LIAR

'Queen of Hearts.' Roman held his cards in front of his face, his eyebrows raised in a childlike innocence, but Daria knew better than to get caught up in his manipulation.

'I call bluff.' She folded her arms, her cards tucked safely under.

'Pick it up.' He challenged her, putting his hand forward in an 'it's all yours' motion.

Daria picked it up confidently and smirked when she saw his face fall drastically.

'You are a cheater!'

'No I'm not, but you are definitely a sore loser.' She laughed. Looking at the amount of cards he had accumulated in a fan. It had been an entertaining moment when he had tried explaining the game to Daria, unsuspecting to the fact that she knew it well enough. The first time she beat him he called it beginners luck, but then it continued like a cycle.

'It doesn't feel like this is the first time you've played this card game.' He frowned.

'Maybe that's because it isn't?' She smiled, he stuck his tongue out at her. 'What are you, five?'

'What are you, fifty?' He retaliated.

'That didn't make any sense.'

'I don't care.'

'But how old are you, really?' Daria wondered out loud.

'I am a hundred, give or take a few.'

'Haha.' Daria's sarcastic laugh was well understood by Roman Wilde. 'Are you always this way or do I just make you sprout out crap?'

'Your opinions about me are restricted to your own self, everyone else thinks I'm the most charming son of a gun.' He scoffed.

'Who shoots paper bullets?' He threw a paper ball through the cage which hit Daria squarely on the middle of her forehead.

'Hey!'

'Sorry.' Roman shrugged, clearly unapologetic.

'But you didn't answer, how old are you?' Daria insisted.

'I told you I'm around a hundred.' He claimed with a flat face. 'A hundred and twenty to be precise.'

Daria wasn't surprised that he was only a year older than she was, it was expected too. His maturity levels weren't the greatest after all.

'And Emerson Cardin?'

'Alpha? He's only twenty-two.'

'Oh.'

She fidgeted with the plate of food kept in front of her. Before every meal Roman fulfilled his deal and ate a part of her food, any side she chose, so after he had done that for week, he realised that the food that was being given to her pretty much sucked, so he started smuggling in food from outside.

It was always a comical scene when he removed food from his pocket, strolled in casually about to "take a bite" from "his" meal or when he casually had sandwiches stored in his grey hoodie.

Her stomach growled angrily, but her entire focus was on trying to get some sort of communication from her wolf who had been on the back-seat for a long time. Almost two weeks since her escape stunt, and her wolf still had not let her presence be known to her permanent host.