Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I chewed the end of my pencil as I eyed at my picture of Drake. I couldn’t help it... The lighting was perfect during class time. The shadowing and darkness of the room really showed his dark side. And I might have added fangs on him. After the conversation about the vampires I thought why not? I shuffled a little getting comfortable on my bed. Then marked down the date on the corner of the page then wrote his full name.

‘Roman, Drake Valdymar.’

He is gorgeous and I can’t get him out of my mind after our talk in the rain today. I straight away came home and finished this drawing up but hiding it from the wind. I actually closed the window on her after my shower, but she wanted to go off anyway.

“Alicia.” My mum stepped in through my bedroom door and I closed my sketch book and left it beside me on the bed. She had her black straight hair tied back in a high bun and she wore a long sleeved red turtleneck and baggy blue jeans. I was just in shorts and a big black jumper that hangs over one shoulder and covers my shorts so it looks like I’m not wearing any pants. My mother scowled at me and grabbed some ugly long brown pants from my closet.

“Mother.”

“Don’t argue with me Ali-cat it’s freezing outside.”

“But we’re not outside. We’re inside with heaters.” I said slowly and she clearly didn’t appreciate my mockery.

“You know I’m mad right?” She’s talking about this morning when I ran to school in the snow and rain.

“Yes I know.”

“And I hope you realise that I’m taking you to school tomorrow morning.”

“No way! No. Mum I always catch the bus...”

“Not anymore.”

“Not anymore?” I repeated. “What do you mean not anymore?” The winter mornings are my time and tomorrow morning I was meeting Harry. No she can’t do this.

“Not until summer Alicia I’m sick of worrying about you catching pneumonia.”

“But mum...”

“Ah. The mother has spoken now put some pants on.” She ordered walking out of the room and I shrieked in frustration and fell back on to the bed. “I heard that!” She yelled out as I heard her feet thumping down the steps. I really wanted to see Harry again. I huffed and threw my ugly brown pants back in the graveyard for my clothes. I walked to my door, opening it and then trailed down the steps to the living room with a plan in mind. Dad sat lounging on the couch and I can just see the back of his blond head. Mum was in the kitchen doing motherly things so I climbed over the couch and slid beside him.

“Watching the news Alicia might as well leave now.”

“I have a question to ask you actually?”

“Oh I love questions.” He remarked sardonically changing the volume on the TV to mute. “What’s up?”

“What’s the name of that guy that comes over and mows our lawn?” I’m just making sure that Harry was telling the truth.

“Who that boy Harry?”

“Oh that’s his name...” I said playing dumb.

“Yeah... he’s a good boy. What about him?”

“Hmm oh nothing I was just wondering.”

“Alicia. Do you want to tell me something?”

“Ok I’m just going to be straight forward.” I said then looked over to make sure mum was still in the kitchen. “Mum is planning on taking me to school for the rest of winter. Which clearly I’m devastated because one I love winter and two I’m meeting Harry tomorrow morning for coffee.”