Chapter 23

I blinked several times to wake myself up and thankfully found myself safe and sound in my room. I don’t know where else I would be but I do remember drinking a lot. I should probably shower before going to school like a zombie but why is it still so dark? I checked my clock and it read 6:50am why would I wake up this early?

“Dear God what’s wrong with me?” I’m on my side so I tried to roll on my back but a heavy arm is draped over my bare waist. My breathing hitched as I felt someone’s warm breath sent tingles down my neck. The bond helped me realise it’s only Drake but that didn’t make me feel any better. I’m only in my underwear and I’m braless! When did he even get in?

I felt myself heat up and try to pull the covers up but his heavy arm is holding down on my waist. “Seriously?” I hissed.

“What is it now?” He grumbled still in a sleepy state. He then ran tingling kisses along my bare arm and exposed shoulder almost making me go into a daze. But I feel almost sick at the same time like I’m about to throw up. So that’s why they teach kids not to drink…

“Why are you here?”

“You never called me or texted I got worried.”

“Okay well I recall wearing a bra.” I winced and massaged my temple.

“You kept whining in your sleep about it being uncomfortable.” He ran his hand down from my waist under the blanket and caressed my thigh. I pulled the covers up to my chest and shook his hand off. “Don’t hide yourself from me.” He purred in my ear. I bit my lip trying to control all my sparks igniting in me but it’s pointless he already can feel me getting nervous. “They’re beautiful.” 

I blushed. “You saw them!” I sat up pulling all the blankets to cocoon myself. I noticed Drake’s naked torso and ogled at his toned pale body. He’s only wearing his black HUGO BOSS briefs and I shamefully looked away. “Why are you half naked?”

“It’s only fair.” I can feel him smirking. I gave him a sideways glance to check if I’m right but that was a big mistake because I just ended up staring at his body. He chuckled and suddenly he ripped the covers off me and I yelped hugging my body to hide all my goods. “You’re allowed to ogle at my body so I’m allowed to ogle at yours.” He knelt over me staring at my arms since they’re crossed over my chest. He smiled before pressing a kiss on my collarbone.

I’m too stunned to move and I’m anxious to see what he’ll do next.

He trailed kisses down to my cleavage and hesitated. “Someone’s up.” He whispered. He sped into my closet and I snuggled under the blankets shutting my eyes as the door creaked open.

I opened my eyes slightly to my mother standing in the doorway and closing the door. Does she do that every morning?

Drake -at lightning speed- sat on the bed pulling his jeans on and when I sat up he cupped my cheek staring at me adoringly.

“Are we going to talk about it?” I asked and wondered if drunken Alicia remembered to bring a bucket for hangover Alicia. Turns out drunk Alicia is a selfish cow.

“I want to forget about it.”

“You know we can’t.”
“Please not today or at least not now.” He begged. But I want to talk about it I need to talk about it. About the hooded man and about everyone who wants to kill me and him.

“He recognized me as my mother.” I added worriedly. Drake looked at me with a face full of sympathy and his hand trailed down to the bite mark on my neck. His electrifying touch seemed to sober me up and I figured maybe he’s using his power to make me feel better.