Chapter 12

I waited for every other girl to leave the girls change rooms before I changed myself. The hole in my shorts was Drake’s hand size and now I have to get a new pair for school.

I sighed. “I can’t believe he did that.” I whispered to myself walking down the corridor to the art room. It’s lunchtime and I decided to head down to the art room and finish my last semester’s art project. Whoops... I held the paper bag that held my Hawaiian pizza inside and snuck into the art room. Not the same one where Drake and I made out. This one has no carpet just paint covered floorboards. I smiled at my art teacher Mrs Glass who’s busy packing up her things and when she noticed me her smile brightened. Mrs Glass has soft blue-grey eyes that stand out on her tan slender face, her chin points out, her eyebrows look painted on to be honest and her hair is dyed white with baby blue streaks.

“My favourite student finally paid me a visit.” I mentally fist pumped for being her favourite. So cool since she’s my favourite teacher.

“Hey Ms. I’ve come to finish the assignment.”

“It’s such a shame our art classes are over for the year.”

“I know you’re the only teacher that accepted that I needed to eat whilst I work.”

“You’re the only student of which I didn’t actually need to teach. You have a natural talent.” She said then pointed to the storage room. “You’re painting is in there.” I placed my food on the table and walked into the storage room to pick up my canvas and bring it out to rest it on the table. The assignment was to paint something that represented love in any shape or form. For some reason everyone wanted the summer romance, the typical sunset kiss or a couple under the night sky.... Or just painted a love heart... But because of my obsession with the mythical world and because I practically worship winter as to me it’s a beautiful season. I painted the snowy mountains ruled by a dark haired snow queen and then lurking out of the trees a beautiful polar bear. How does this resemble love? Oh don’t worry I wrote my own little background story for them. I only ever told Mrs Glass about it I even emailed her the story I wrote.

“I only need to finish off the snow Queen’s dress.”

“Can I ask? Does the Snow Queen ever fall for the Polar bear prince?” Mrs Glass asked me sitting back at her desk opening up her container to a potato salad. I got my paints ready and sat at the table dipping the thin brush into the blue paint before mixing it with white.

“I’m not to sure. I think she may be better off being the cold hearted queen she’s always been.”

“That’s a shitty ending.” I laughed.

“But it goes with her character.”

“How can anyone resist a big cuddly bear?”

“True. You know what I’ll get back to you on that. How’s Mr Glass?”

“He wants more stories from you.” She said. And I looked at her confused. Her husband is a playwright but also is lecturer at a university. They both are really creative people. “He loved your story on the Snow Queen.”

“You showed him that!” I blushed embarrassed. “That was only for you to read!”

“I couldn’t resist.” She said stuffing her face. I sighed and stared down at the Snow Queen’s gown which I have left white and bare for all of my holidays.

I leaned over my work and whispered so quietly so she couldn’t hear. “Let’s bring you to life.” I stroked the brush gently onto her dress slowly going into my own world. It’s easier to slip into it now because there are no other classmates chatting away. I know Mrs Glass is talking and I’m nodding to every word she says.