Chapter 16

Saturday morning I crawled down the staircase unable to walk. There’s nothing wrong with me except for my lack of motivation to be up early in the morning.

Once I reached the bottom step I crashed into a pair of woman’s legs. “Uh Ali-cat what are you doing?” My mother asked dressed in her work clothes which is a grey buttoned up dress that goes down to her knees. She cleans people’s houses and also sells a bit of her artwork. She stared down at me a little concerned that I had suppressed a chuckle. I’m too tired to chuckle anyway.

“I’m looking for a tiny elephant with pink skin.” I said as I stood up.

“Oh OK just another normal Saturday then.”

“Technically no, I want to find a job.”

“Oh getting productive today.”

“Aren’t I always?” I asked sarcastically and she rolled her eyes then eyed at what I was wearing. Just white T-shirt with my charcoal drawing on it of a woman and no pants but the top goes mid thigh. She should be happy I’m wearing underwear.

“Can’t you put on some clothes it’s winter!”

“I will! Let me feed myself first.”

“Harry is just outside putting the new radio in your father’s car so at least get some pants on!” She snapped then strutted upstairs. Harry’s here? I haven’t seen him since Wednesday night when he was a wolf. I stared down at myself then ran back up to my room to grab the closest pants near me and I ended up grabbing black leggings. I tied my hair up in a messy bun, some shorter strands left at the front of my face but I just tucked them behind my ear then grabbed my black silver buckle boots and a black cardigan before rushing back downstairs. I met mum and kissed her cheek good bye and followed her out the front door. Neva –still getting used to her name- gusted at me and I smiled as I felt her presence all around me. Then I looked right to see Harry sitting in the front seat of my dad’s car the door wide open so I can see all of him doing whatever he’s doing to the radio. I can’t really see his face from the way he’s leaning over but I can see a strip of his bare skin between his grey tee and baggy blue jeans.

~ I do hope you’re not perving Alicia ~ she teased. And coincidently Harry lowered his arm that covered his face and noticed me staring at him. I wasn’t perving just glancing. I can’t get away with what I wear in the winter but he can but I guess he’s not their son so they can’t scold him.

“Hey Harry.” I greeted walking up to him. He smiled at me then opened the other door car door for me to sit next to him. I walked around the front of the car and slid inside and we both closed the doors.

“I heard the wind.” He said showing off his pearly whites and I blushed.

“Wait you can hear her? Since when?”

“Since just a few seconds ago when you were checking me out.” He kept the grin in place.

I scoffed. “Oh get over yourself Harry I was surprised to see you and your bare hip bone outside in the cold.”

“Sure.”

“What time did you get here?’ I asked begging to change the subject.

“Half an hour ago I think.” He said. “Are you doing anything today?” He leaned back done with applying the radio then packed up his tools in his red tool box that’s down at his feet. I wonder how my dad ever met Harry. Did Harry somehow know he had a troubled car or did he randomly volunteer to the mow the lawn for my mum? I shall ask them about that later because I know he’s only doing it to see me.