Chapter 24

I’ll see you after school.”  Drake said and before I could strut off he pulled me back by my wrist. “Don’t take what the bimbos said seriously.”

“I’m not.” I was see past tense but he doesn’t need to know that. “See you later.”

I cannot believe this actually happened. Sebastian is here and Staci wants my head served on silver platter. Today can’t possibly get any worse.

I bumped into someone and relaxed when it was just Arnica and she creased her brow. “Hey where did you two disappear to?”

“Nowhere. Why were you in reception?” I asked to change the subject.

“I’m welcoming the new girl. I couldn’t bear watching Scarlet flirt with Tom any longer.” She said angrily.

“You okay?”

“What do you mean? Why wouldn’t I be?” She asked really quickly. She nervously tucked her hair behind her ear and looked away from me. If I didn’t any better, which I don’t I would say she has a crush on Tom.

Oh Scarlet… I changed the subject to avoid getting her upset. “New student? It’s the second semester seems pointless.”

“Tell my father that.” A girl said in a rich French accent and walked up beside Arnica. Her fuzzy chocolate hair cascaded down in waves on her shoulders, her eyes are a vibrant green with golden flecks, she has perfect flawless olive skin but all that prettiness is hidden by her poorly chosen wardrobe.

“Alicia, Émilie Bellemare.” Arnica introduced.

“Nice to meet you.” I said and shook her slender hand noticing the ink on her skin hidden by her sleeve.

Why has she come last period? Seems even more pointless than moving schools near the end of the year.

“You to.” She replied.

“What part of France are you from?”

“Gevaudan.” I failed at geography I don’t know what part of France that is and I don’t want to ask.  The doors flew open suddenly and I felt Neva rushing in circling around and blowing everyone’s hair rapidly. Books flew out of people’s hands and hit everyone.

“What is going on?” Arnica asked trying to control her hair.

~ I’m bored ~ that’s not Neva… That’s the flirting wind spirit. My uncle… That is so weird… I have an uncle that thinks I’m hot.

Ewe.

“You’re kidding me right?” I tied back my hair with great difficulty.

“What did you say?” Arnica asked.

“Nothing.”

“What kind of weather do you get down here?” Emilie questioned.

“Would you stop it?” I hissed at the wind.

“I can’t hear you what?” Arnica shouted.

“I’ll see you later. Nice meeting you Emilie…”

“What?” They both shouted but I rushed away finding the nearest exit and waited for him to gush out and hit me. I walked over to my tree and propped back on it making sure no one can see me and crossed my arms over. I yelped when he almost knocked me over and right now I probably look like a retard because I’m slapping the air. “You can’t storm in and see me while I’m at school.” I hissed at him. He blew through me giving me that tingling feeling. Would he stop harassing me?

~Why not? ~ He asked seductively. ~We’re cousins~

“We are I thought you were my uncle?”

~Nope. Really family stuff doesn’t count for spirits. Seeing as we have no blood and so technically we’re not really related~ he whispered the last part right in my ear making a shiver crawl up my spine. Not the good kind of shiver either.