Chapter One "Run.."

Before capture:

I needed to free my wolf, just an ordinary day out of all 365. I just wanted to let the air through my fur, but I wouldn't transform. I knew I wouldn't allow myself, I was much smarter than that. Hunters were watching our every move, people from different packs trying to sneak up on our motives.

My pack was angry with me. Not because I had wanted to leave the pack to get a breather that day, but because I had let down the alpha. I was supposed to kill a trespasser. A rogue, trespasser. The man didn't have any motives in trying to hurt us, the only thing in his backpack was a water bottle and extra clothing like blankets and what not.

I remember the words I had said to him before the alpha had caught me in the act of trying to save the poor man.

"Run.. I'll help through the walls of the gate. But I can't help you if you get captured again.. you'll be sure to be put in town square, killed in front of our pack and the surrounding ones Watch out for the hunters, their everywhere." I had said, my voice very strict as I was doing the beta's work and the others. A warrior shouldn't have to do this work, ours is to protect the pack, not kill a rogue who trespassed the land.

"Thank you..?" He questions for my name, one thing that I never do is tell people my name.

Everyone in the pack just nods in respect and never dares to speak to me, for I am very dangerous. I'm not very kind, but I believe in justice. Just like for this man. He deserves freedom.

"Paris.. Paris Evans is my name," I say to him softly. He smiles warmly at me as I take the chains off his ankles and wrists, watching his face that is contorted into pain.

"Beautiful name for such a young girl. You have a bright future ahead, yet you would go against your Alpha for a stranger, a rogue," he says delicately. I notice after a while that when he talks, it's like he's reading a poem as his words fill together like silk.

"I know the consequences. They wouldn't dare to hurt me or lay a hand on me, but they would make me rogue. I couldn't care if they did.. I don't do much these days," I say quietly in a harsh tone towards my feelings to the Alpha who thinks he's perfect due to his title.

"That's brave," the man says in a low voice as I push him out of the cellar through a small metal door that leads directly to the walls, although the snow covers the ground harshly.

"That's me. Anyways, he'll be smelling your scent soon so put as much distance between here and the next town before turning into human, also find a way to mask your scent. Wouldn't want another pack to find you," I say in a kind tone before lightly pushing him through the invisible door of the large wall.

"Thank you.. Paris. You are a kind, and brave girl. I wish you the best. You'll be a great person in your life," the man says before I let a small smile form on my face for the first time in years. It probably doesn't even look like a smile, but I know it's close enough to one for me.

"Good luck," I whisper before he turns into a wolf and starts running. I turn around myself, running towards the cellar and sitting in the metal chair that guards sit in to watch the prisoners.

"Did you kill him?" Alpha Lukas asks, walking into the room. I nod my head curtly, meeting his eyes in the darkness of the cellar as water drips down from cracks in the walls.

"Good job.. where did you put his body?" He asks me. I open my mouth, looking at him with my dark blue ones.

"Miles from here. His scent still lingers but no one shall suspect a thing." I say turning around to look at the empty cellar. I feel the Alpha's presence behind me, making my body tense up.

"You always do what you're told.. I guess that's why I like you so much." Alpha Lukas hits on girls much younger than him because he is such a pervert, making any girl sick to her stomach. He is forty-five and I am easily twenty-one. Tall and one of the strongest for my age.

"Alpha, I must leave now. Hunters must be out. I need to put the pack on lockdown during the night, almost time by now. Have a nice sleep Alpha," I say respectively before turning around sharply and walking out of the building, my boots echoing the whole way.

Once I'm outside I take a deep breath, massaging my temples before walking towards the walls and looking for any strange signs, or signs that our pack is still out there- for whatever reason that may be.

I lock the walls before climbing a tree and waiting for the daily arrival of the beast. When I say beast, I mean Alpha Lukas. He walks around at night, fighting anyone who's still out.

I find it amusing that he thinks he's so powerful when I could easily take his spot as Alpha.. a woman Alpha. How amazing that sounds to my brain.

"Alpha Paris Evans," I say with a smirk before jumping from the too branch and landing on my feet as the sun lowers and the moon gets higher.

I hear a growl and immediately know its Alpha Lukas by his disgusting scent, and believe me when I say disgusting because its not just disgusting because I don't like him, I mean.. he really stinks.

I keep walking, ignoring his annoying growls behind me that get quieter by each step.

I have my eyes set on one thing that night and one thing only.

Sleep.