Chapter Sixteen "Paris, wake up"

^Paris's Nikes^

Xavier Pov ;)

I watch Paris read Lance a story so he falls to sleep peacefully tonight. I watch from a distance, my body going unnoticed from her. I sit on the wall outside of the room as she reads a werewolf fairytale.

"And the big bad werewolf ate the piggies!" She says, to tickling Lance's stomach as he gasps sadly before giggling.

"Just kidding! He fell in a pot and burnt his butt before climbing a chimney and the piggies lived happily ever after!" She says with a grin and Lance smiles at her before yawning, laying his head on her chest.

She runs her hands through his wet hair from when he took a bath. "Are you tired bub?" She asks.

"Mhm," he replies, snuggling more into her as he starts to slowly fall asleep.

"I love you Lance," she whispers, kissing his forehead before slowly setting him down on the pillow and turning the light off, carefully getting off his bed and walking towards the doorway.

"What are you doing mister?" She asks me, her hands on her hips, making me go crazy as my wolf begs to be let out.

"Can you carry me and read me a story?" I ask with a pout. She shakes her head, laughing at me before sitting beside me, laying her head on my shoulder.

"I'm scared Xavier," she whispers suddenly as her eyes droop, her voice so quiet I can barely hear it. I wrap my arms around her protectively, holding her tightly.

"I know baby girl, I know." I kiss her cheek as she falls asleep, making me carry her to our bedroom.

~

I feel someone hitting my chest hard, making me snap my eyes open as I see the moonlight shine through the window, illuminating Paris's face that is covered in tears as she screams for someone to help, for someone to kill him.

Kill who though?

"Paris," I whisper, lightly shaking her to wake her up.

"Kill him! Someone please.." she whimpers as tears fall harder and she gasps for air.

"Paris," I say frantically, shaking her hurriedly, her body shaking under me as her body has a light layer of sweat.

"The sword!" She screams, gasping for my air. "He uses a sword!" She screams, her body shaking even harder.

"Paris!" I yell, trying to wake her up once again it failing as she screams louder.

"He'll kill all of you! Just like he did my parents!" She screams, trying to push my hands off her wrists in her sleep. "I didn't do anything... please let me go Alpha Lukas.. please.. I'm only eleven.." she sobs, shaking even as I thought she couldn't shake harder, but she does.

"I didn't do anything..." She whimpers, still trying to push me off her. Her body is cold in mine even though sweat is on her body, making me frown as my eyebrows draw confused.

"Paris? Why are you cold?" I whisper to her, freaking out on the inside.

"He killed me," she laughs in her sleep. "I warned all of you.. I promised you he'd kill everyone. He always will.. I have no heart," she says laughing harshly before pushing me off her and slamming me on the bed, her body hovering over mine with her eyes still closed.

"I promised he'd kill everyone. He killed me.. he killed my parents.. and now.. he'll kill everyone I love!" She screams, her eyes snapping open as they're pitch black and she gasps for air.

She doesn't know what she's doing.. I can tell, its like someone took her whole body over, its like someone is controlling her.

"Paris, wake up!" I yell, and yes I will admit that at this moment I'm scared. I'm scared of what she can do.

"He's going to kill you..." She mutters, tracing her fingers on my cheek bone. "He will find you." She says laughing harshly before bringing her hand to my neck and digging her nails into it as I wince.

"Paris..wake up please," I whisper, the pain growing as she digs her sharp claw-like nails into my neck deeper.

"Xavier.. please leave," she says, as her eyes turn blue for a split second before they turn black again and she stands up, walking towards the wall and grabbing a crescent shaped sword and holding it, her black eyes on my body.

"Paris, put that down," I whisper, standing up as she smirks, flipping it in her hands over and over again, her eyes never leaving mine.

"He's going to kill you." She says, her eyes the color of the night sky without the stars. No light, only darkness.

I could change into my wolf form right now and fight her, but whatever is happening inside of her.. I know she doesn't have control of. She doesn't have control of her own body, and it's not her fault.

"No. I'll fight against him. I'll fight against everything," I say strongly, like an alpha should.

"Don't you see Xavier!" She exclaims, her eyes flickering to blue once again before black. I see how she's fighting against the power, the person controlling her. "You can't fight against the darkness. They always win."

"Who always wins?" I ask her. A form falls on her lips, as she falls to her knees, the sword up to her neck.

"Your demons." She whispers before taking the sword back and looking down as her body shakes, fighting against it.

"Paris.. I can help you." I whisper, walking towards her, but whatever is controlling her, pulls the sword back once again like it'll cut her throat any minute, and I don't doubt that it could.

Her eyes look at the ground as she shakes, foam coming out of her mouth. "Nobody can help me." She chokes out before putting the sword to her neck and pulling back to cut it off.

And in a split second, I feel pain pulse through my veins as realization hits me, the feeling that I could lose my mate any moment if I don't stop her.

"Paris! Stand tall!" I yell, remembering what warriors learn during their lessons. How do I know? My cousin was one till she died.

She stands tall, dropping the sword with her hands crossed behind her back, her body standing straight and her eyes dark blue.

I feel tears run down my cheeks as I run and pull her into my chest, feeling her own tears mix with mine.

~

How was the chappy? Good or bad? It was a strange chapter.. I know but I wanted to give you guys a few sneak peaks into what you'll be needing to see. ;) hint.. hint...

Hehehe comment! Vote! ⭐💭

💜Hailey💜