Chapter Six "Why?"

*My sisters cat is pretty cool*

"An Alpha has crossed our land m'am," A boy in my pack says while running into my office, out of breath as he pants, the sweat sticking to his forehead.

"Do you know this Alpha's name?" I ask the boy, staring at him sharply, my gaze staying on him and nothing else.

"Alpha Xavier, Alpha of the-" I cut him off quickly, voicing my thoughts.

"War Pack," I say with a slight nod, grabbing his arm as I shut my office door and push him slightly in a way to tell him to move forward so I can get to this Alpha.

"He's downstairs, he's come alone." The boy says with a nod of respect before scurrying off down a different hallway. I walk down the stairs, my vans coming in tact with the ground quietly, my feet hardly making a sound.

"Alpha Paris," Lilly says with a smile, grabbing my arm ever so lightly as she turns towards the male who's around the same age as me, sitting on my white couch.

"What do I owe this unexpected presence of yours, Xavier," I spit out out, his name like venom as I give him no respect due to him being an Alpha of a normal pack, one of which many of my pack got kicked out for many dumb reasons.

"Alpha Paris," Xavier says hurriedly, standing up with a slight nod of respect.

"We can kick him out if you'd like m'am or we can-" I cut off the girl who's staring flirtatiously at the male Alpha, who looks at her in complete disgust, uncomfortable under her strong gaze.

"I recommend you all leaving this pack house this instant before I change into an animal you'll never want to ever see," I say threateningly. My packs eyes widen, standing up quickly before leaving the pack house.

"What do you want?" I snap, sitting down on the chair opposite him. He does the same, watching my features closely that are covered behind my hoodie, my brown hair in two French braids over my shoulders, my blue eyes the only thing you can see as the darkness in the room makes only a few features stand out.

"I need your help." He states calmly. I look down at sharp fingernails that are filed so they look like claws, like nails of a cats encaged inside my leather gloves.

"Why?" I ask him, looking up into his bright, evergreen eyes. His black hair is messy like he's been running his hand through it many times nervously, and to prove that assumption I just made, he runs his hand through it slowly.

"You know the 'Blood Pack' right?" He asks me. My eyes darken a little as my lips form a smirk, a dangerous one at that.

"Ah, the ones that made me rogue. Alpha Lukas put you up to coming here?" I ask abruptly, standing up and walking towards him, like a predator does to it's prey. "I bet he'd love his payback for what I did to him.. for his revenge." My smirk grows wider as I sit beside Xavier, no skin touching due to the fabrics I have on.

Black, ripped skinny jeans, my white vans, a long white Nike v-neck with a black hoodie around it. The hoodie, as you all may have guessed by now is covering my face.

"No, I want my revenge against him." He states menacingly, spitting the words out like he hates Alpha Lukas as much as I do.

"For what has he done to you?" I ask him, looking at him more closely.

"He.. he took everything away from me." He says with hate, looking at me closely, probably trying to see my features.

"Everything?" I ask him slowly.

"Yes.. he killed my mother and father." He says looking down at a scar on his wrist. I feel something hit me hard, my body gasps for air as something in my head pulls me into a darkness.

~

"He killed them!" The boy screams, his arms in rope that has been poisoned so they burn into his skin the more he struggles.

I look at him helplessly, still sitting in my chair with my head down, knowing that this isn't justice, this isn't right.

"You can help me.. you can free me." He whispers suddenly, making me look down at his helpless body in the small cell.

"Why? Alpha Lukas would hurt me.." I whisper softly, my twelve year old voice ringing through the cold room.

"He would never know. Just tell him it was an accident- that you didn't mean it!" He pleads with me.

"He'll know I did it on purpose. I'm a warrior you idiot," I snap at him. He lets a tear fall, making me stand up quickly and walk towards him, opening the cell before kneeling down so we're eye level.

"Please," he whispers, so I do the dumbest thing in my life.

I pull my leather gloves off and grab his hands, feeling the warmth spread through my body that you should only feel with your mate. The poison burns my skin and his, creating a scar where his wrist was and where my knuckle is.

~

"How bad do you want to win this war against them?" I ask him, pulling myself from the flashback that happened nine years ago.

"As bad as you want your revenge on Alpha Lukas for making you rogue," he says softly, still looking at his scar.

"Then I will help you." I say through a bitter mutter.

"We have to shake on it." He says looking at my hands. "But when we do, it's a known fact that it has to be skin contact, not skin to glove."

I look down at my hand closely, knowing how much this could ruin me before pulling the glove off and watching as his eyes snap to the scar I got when I saved him, when I freed him.

"If you shake my hand.. You'll probably know something you don't want too." I whisper softly.

"I've always been a curious guy." He says and before I can rip my hand away from his touching mine, he grips it tightly and the shocks flood through my arm.

-

Whoo! Day four of my flu and I've updated two books. Ahem, that is what a real author is people.

Haha just kidding, I'm just a really bored person who cares a lot about reading so..

Ha *wipes imaginary sweat from forehead* shocked chapter right? Yeah I know.

Anyways comments, votes, messages. I follow those who comment things that brighten up my day!

Also want to wish my best friend Rosie an amazing 15th. birthday today! Love you Rose! ❤

Bye!

Hailey❤