Chapter Thirty- "You can't die-"

When we got fifty miles from the coast, when we changed groups. Xavier and I got separated into different groups. He went to where Alpha Jake would be attacking while I went to where Alpha Daniel would be.

My wolf stands up straight, smelling the air of salt as I stand on the beach. I see the light glowing from a lantern a couple miles ahead of us. They're getting close, that's all I can say, or think.

I look down at my reflection in the tide that rolls in right by my paws.

I hear a howl from one of my members making me snap my head to see blood rolling out of his neck. I growl lowly, standing in front of him as he kneels, before dropping and staring hopelessly at me. I lick his cheek in a 'thank you for fighting' way before his eyes shut and his breathing stops.

I put my paw lightly on his neck, seeing a ball that belongs to a gun. I howl frantically before shifting and looking down at the clothes that appeared on my skin.

The same ones I had worn earlier.

This isn't right..

"Lets go," one of my pack members say frantically to the others making all of them start to walk away.

"No. If you walk away we get the gun points that are all on us right now for sure straight through our tiny human sized brains. Do you really want to lose that way?" I ask roughly, glaring at my members in the dark, the moon illuminating some of their faces.

They don't answer me, they just put their heads down in approval as I look around, seeing through the dark, people in the distance, smirking at us.

"Can you guys swim?" I ask them, turning around slightly but not fully. Only so I can see either the shake of their heads or their nods, but just so I can still see the other pack's faces.

I get nods, making me turn back around and stare intently at their leader who stands at the front, holding a large machine gun.

So they want to win human style?

We'll win wolf style.

"Shift and go north, don't wait for me- don't wait for anyone. Just swim and kill. Don't hesitate- just imagine we're training." I say and get more nods before they all shift, leaving me in my human form as they head towards the enemy.

As they possibly could be facing their whole lives ahead of them, not knowing that I'm going to try and save them.

He wants me, only me.

-

Xavier Pov;)

I look at the battlefield that is now all blood from both some of my pack but all of Alpha Jake's. The smell- well let me just tell you it isn't pleasant at all.

"We need to get to Paris." I tell Beta Brock who nods curtly before leading the pack into the woods, fifty miles of running.

I shift and go the quicker way, a way to get to my Paris faster. It must be an hour that passes until I get to the coast, but as I look around I don't see Paris's pack or Paris, just a lantern in the distance that illuminates Alpha Daniel and his pack.

"Looking for Paris?" Daniel yells, I look at him with a deadly glare while searching for my mate.

"She's dead Xavier! There's no reason to keep searching for something that doesn't even exist anymore!" He yells over the loud sound of the waves crashing into the sand.

"She's not dead Daniel," I calmly say, knowing he can hear it with his werewolf hearing.

"Oh but she is! I killed her around an hour ago," he laughs, moving closer so we stand about 100 ft. from each other.

"I would've felt it." Doubt. Doubt is all I hear in my ears. I mean.. she couldn't really be dead.. right?

I hear a loud scream and something hits me in the side making me yell out in pain. "I told you- wait! I forgot to mention that she will be dying in an hour- not that she did! Oh silly me," he laughs and moves closer as I yell out in pain.

"Impossible," I whisper breathless, clutching my side tightly.

"Not really- she's bleeding to death right now, so I don't really think it's that impossible." He laughs at me once again, moving towards a really dark area on the sand.

"Liar," I spit out. But before I can say anything else I feel a kick to my stomach causing me to fall on my knees but nobody kicked me.. that could only mean that..

The scream. A scream fills my ears, not just any scream.

But her scream.

"I'm a liar? Here, see for yourself." A light turns on suddenly, making the darkest area of the sand turn light and a body is illuminated, blood everywhere.

It's Paris.

"Paris.." I whisper, feeling tears come towards my eyes.

"Run Xavier. I'll be fine just go!" She yells desperately, shaking against the metal chains that surround her waist, hands, and ankles.

How did they get her like this anyways? She wouldn't just give herself up like that.. would she?

"No! I can't leave you." I state, trying to stand up but Daniel puts his finger in her wound on her side that's already bleeding rapidly making her scream and I as I feel her pain.

"Go! Just leave and save yourself!" She pleads, crying as Daniel kicks her stomach once again.

"But you.. I can't leave you." I whimper, moving my knees so slightly that I can see her clearer and it makes my heart break from the amount of blood on the sand- it makes me.. sick.

"Do it please Xavier.. I can't let you watch me die." She whispers and I feel a pang in my chest.

"You can't die-" I whisper sadly.

"I can't live like this-" she sobs as Daniel smirks, putting his finger in her side one more time. I hear a splash making me turn my head to see her pack watching from the water, their heads bowed in respect.

Why won't they help her?

"Paris please," I whisper, feeling tears fall on my face.

"I command you to leave.. Alpha Xavier." I feel my stomach hurt as my legs betray my heart and mind, standing up and turning away to her orders.

But the one thing I didn't and never thought I'd hear is a scream..

And the sound of a gun being fired.