Chapter Twenty-Seven "Home?"

"Paris, you need to go home.. get some sleep, we all know you need it." The doctor says to me but I just shut my eyes, keeping my lips on Xavier's knuckles.

"I will sleep when he wakes up." I say softly, looking at the doctor who looks just as tired as me. He has bags under his eyes, eyes droopy, and his wrinkles are more noticeable then what I ever remember.

"Yes Paris." He doesn't call me Alpha Paris, but at this moment I couldn't care about the sign of respect, only if the man who's ruined my life so many times wakes up safely, and into my arms.

I want to be the first face he sees when he wakes up.

I know, I must sound like an idiot to all of you. But.. he's my mate and Gray is such a nice, caring man but he's not my mate. If I just took him and marked him then his real mate would be alone forever, sad, and alone. I couldn't do that to her, she's innocent.

Doctor Harris walks out and I find myself looking at my beautiful mate. A mate that hasn't truly been the kind of mate that my father told me that he would be.. but I'll change him.

The cold air comes through the vents in the ceiling once again making the hairs on my arms stand up and my body shivering. I pull the covers from Xavier's burning body and lay down beside him, snuggling into his side before putting the covers back on us. I keep his hand to my lips, my head on his chest, snuggling into him more.

"Goodnight Xavier.. I-I.." I shut my eyes, shaking my head from my stupidity. Why would I say this? What if he changes again and makes me sad once more?

"I love you Xavier."

~

"Paris.." Someone mumbles in my ear. I groan, moving closer to the large, warm pillow. I smile in content when I feel the pillow wrap around my waist too.

"Paris, baby wake up." I hear someone whisper, making my eyes snap open. I look up to see the most sexiest man alive staring down at me with a lazy grin.

"Who are you and how the fuck do you look like a Greek god?" I ask, bringing my hands up to his cheeks that are bristly from not shaving, but hell.. it's sexy. "Please tell me this is not a dream." I mutter, earning a deep chuckle from the man making my stomach go crazy and a blush to form on my cheeks.

"It's not a dream babe. It's me Xavier." My eyes widen and I hide my face of embarrassment in his neck.

"I'm sorry," I whisper against his skin earning a shiver in response.

"Please.. stop that Paris. Let's save that for when we mark each other." He says with a wink earning my cheeks to turn a darker red.

"Oh my gosh! I have to tell the doctor," I gasp, going to jump out of the bed but Xavier pulls me back with his arms, chuckling.

"The doctor already came when you were awake."

"Damn, how long did I sleep?" I ask, turning my head up with a blush as I rub my eyes tiredly.

"Doesn't matter now that you're awake." He states making my put my head in his neck once again from my blush.

What the hell happened to me?

"You smell so good.." I whisper. I know I'm weird but hey! Sniffing your mate isn't that bad.. right?

"Thanks babe," he says and pulls me closer so our bodies are touching more.

"We need to get you home.." I mutter against his skin, kissing his neck before shutting my eyes.

"Home?" He whispers with hope strong in his voice. Strong and clear.

"Yes, you're my home."

~

Short, *sigh* I know. Sucky chapter, yeah. I get it. I'm sorry that I haven't been like super good at my writing later but a lot has happened.

My great uncle passed today..🙏

I have a boyfriend who's hot af😉😏 (sorry I had to have something positive😂)

I have a huge science thingy tomorrow..😫😴

And I'm a horrible writer✌

Anyways: Alpha Elliot is no more being wrote, I just didn't like the way is restart it. But! Alpha of Pain is really good and please go check it out because I feel like it's amazing, and I'm not saying that to be selfish.

Thanks!

Comment and vote!💭⭐

💜Hailey💜