Chapter Twenty-Two "Right?"

Gray's Pov;)

I watch her as her lips part open slightly, her hands tugging at the sheets. Her head moves up and down wildly as tears stain her beautiful cheeks. She's been doing this for a week now.

She'll lay there for a few minutes, mutter things like 'it's back' 'I can't stop it', her body will start shaking violently, she'll scream, and sometimes even slap and scrape at her arms.

She lets out a scream that makes my blood run cold.

"Get out!" She screams, and that's when she brings her hands up to her head and starts hitting it. No matter what, she never opens her eyes. All I want to do is see her beautiful blue eyes, but I'm scared I won't.

I didn't want to tell her about the packs going against her, or the Xavier was the leader of it. Well.. I left that part out. I didn't want any of this, I just wish I was that eight year old boy in the field, kissing her lips and showing her how much I loved her.

No matter what she thought, I always loved her more than what a 'friend' would. I wanted her to be my mate, not a girl in my pack who's slept with so man boys. Not a girl who won't ever be as strong or as beautiful as Paris. Not a girl who can't even feel pain. I want Paris, because she's a girl that will never be forgotten.

She's a warrior.

"Please! Leave me alone!" She screams and that's when it happens.

A long beeping noise that I've been dreading to hear, pops into my eardrums and tears form in my eyes.

The sound of a heart stopping.

Doctors run into the room, but I don't hear them, all I hear is the beep. And all I feel is something pushing me towards her, and the weird thing? I find myself kneeling over her and that's when the hearing comes back.

Doctors are yelling at me to move, nurses are trying to pull me but I stay where I am.

I look down at her paling face, her breathing no longer coming out.

I let a sob fall out of my mouth, making the people in the room quiet. A tear of mine falls on her eye, dropping lower down her cheek until it falls in her parted mouth. I shakily put my lips on hers. I give her a long kiss, her lips soft on mine before pulling away, tears still falling.

I turn my back and look at the people with their heads down. "I'm sorry.." I whisper.

They look up at me in shock but say nothing.

~

"Gray?" A voice I've come to love calls me softly from the other side of the field, wildflowers between the both of us. I smile at her, and she blushes.. looking up at me through her long lashes.

Those blue eyes drive my stomach and I crazy.

"Paris.." I breathe out, picking her up and spinning her around as she giggles, her legs around my waist.

"Gray, don't leave me." I shut my eyes at her voice..

~

"Gray don't leave me," a soft voice calls out. I turn around, my eyes wide as I look at the girl I love sitting weakly, her eyes slowly opening for the first time in a week.

"Paris.. I'd never dream of it." I whisper, running over to her and hugging her, careful of the IV's in her arm.

"I thought you were gone," I mutter, not caring that a sob falls out of my throat, or that I'm crying openly in front of her pack of doctors.

Hell, I almost lost the girl I love.

"I'm here now." She says putting her hand up to my cheek weakly, and smiling softly. A tiny smile, but it's enough to make me do what's next.

Laying a kiss on her lips.

I know I could get killed by Xavier for kissing his mate.. but honestly? I love her, an I won't let her go unless I have too.

And if Xavier really cared about his mate, he would've been here for her. Right?