Chapter 10: It's Ok.

Hunter's P.O.V

Lauren pulled me into the kitchen and explained how she knew Jonathan. While in middle of the discussion, she started sobbing. Which made me feel worse.

With her knowing Jonathan, it made sense she had a gun and wasn't scared of me. Jonathan was a pretty persuasive guy. Anyone around him would fall gullible. Believe anything and what he did.

"Why is he coming after me? Couldn't he have just called!? Or visited!?" She cried.

"I don't know.."

"Wait- how do you know him!?"

"Long story" I ran my hand through my hair. She groaned and stomped back to the guy.

"Your going to tell me how and why your takings orders from John. Tell he why he needs me! Or so help me, I will butcher you, cut you up and feed you to the wild!!" She threatened

Damn..

''Lauren, I don't think-" I started but Greg cut me off

"Wait, your the girl?!" Greg said

"Yes" she growled

"Ok, well, I can't tell you why he needs you, cause that, I don't know. But what I do know is that ever since Hunter left the gang to make his own, John got control of it and he ordered me to find you." He explained.

I saw the color in Laurens fae drain. I saw her eyes water once more.

"He is part of a gang?" She said quietly

"You didn't know?" Greg said

She shook her hand and went back to the kitchen. I followed.

She quickly pulled out her phone

"What are you doing?" I asked, she didn't respond as she put the phone to her ear

"John?" Her voice was shaky. I couldn't hear the other line though.

"Yeah its me. Listen, you stay the fuck away from me! Don't contact me! Don't come and visit me, I want you to stay away! Got it? Or I swear, giving me gun lessons would be one of your biggest mistakes!" She barked. He hung up and slammed the phone on the counter. Her breathing trembled. She looked up at me. Finally releasing every tear in her eyes. I walked up to her and hugged her.

Holding her close to me gave me a feeling I've never had..

"It'll be OK." I assured

"How do you know that?" Her voice muffled in my shirt.

"I don't. But I'll make sure of it." I spoke in her hair.

"Hunter.. I'm scared.." She whispered

"I know."

We let go

"Don't tell anyone that happened. OK?" I jokingly scolded

"Why? You scared I'll ruin your bad boy rep?" She smiled

That smile

"Your the only person I've ever hugged. People would be suspicious."

"Well, I guess that makes me special."