Chapter 1

Tris P.O.V

I sway my hips to the beat of the music. It's a Sunday night and I snuck out to go to a bar just around the corner from my house. I needed to let lose before school starts again tomorrow. My feet start to get sore so I head to the bar, craving a cool drink.
"A coke please." I say to the bartender, he nods and brings me my drink.
The cold liquid soothes my throat and gives my energy a boost.
I head back to the dance floor when two hands land on my waist. Quickly, I turn around and am met with deep blue orbs.
"Well hello." I sigh, putting my hands around his neck.
"Hi, I'm Four." He gives me a wink which I gladly return.
We continue dancing and talking for a while until I look at the clock and realise it's 1am.
"Shit I need to go home!" I untangle our arms and make a run for it but unfortunately he grabs my wrist.
"What?" I ask hastily and pull my wrist away.
"I'll see you again, right?" I smirk at the thought that he wants to see me again.
"Remember, Number Boy, we're just dancing partners." A look of hurt goes through his eyes but then he smirks and I run out of the bar.
I keep running until I'm outside of my bedroom window. The window suddenly opens and there stands my twin, Uriah. He steps back from the window as I jump in.
"Where were you Sis?" Uri smirks.
"Oh I think you know." I smirk back. Uriah and I don't look anything a like even though we're twins. He has chocolate brown eyes, mine are blue grey. His skin tone is a mocha tone whereas mine's just tan. Oh and his hair is also a chocolate colour and mine before I dyed it was strawberry blonde. A lot of people think I'm adopted but the truth is, I just look like my dad except he died when I was five so it's just Mum and my two brothers.
Uriah and I may not look a like but we have a lot in common, but that's for another time.
"Don't use that sass on me Trissy or I'll ha-" I cut him off with a glare.
"Never call me that!" He gulps. "And please don't tell Zekey."  I use my best puppy dog eyes which always work.
"Fine." He sighs and walks out of my room, leaving me in peace. I quickly lay out my clothes for tomorrow and have a shower, washing all the stench of alcohol and sweat off me.
When I'm out of the shower I change into short shorts and a crop top. I quickly jump into my queen size bed and fall into a deep slumber.

Four P.O.V (before he meets Tris)

I walk into the bar after a beating session at home by my "father". He made me move here from LA even though I had a few things going for me there. I just need to let loose a bit before I have to start at a new school tomorrow.
A girl dancing catches my eye so many head over and place my hands on her waist. She quickly turn around and I'm met with beautiful blue grey eyes.
"Well hello." She puts her hands around my neck and we start dancing together.
"Hi I'm Four." I wink at her and she winks back.
She grabs my neck and brings her lips to my ears,
"Tris." She whispers. We continue dancing together and talking for a couple of hours until she suddenly untangles our arms.
"Shit I need to go home!" She starts to run away but I grab her wrist.
"What?" She asks hastily.
"Will I see you again?" I ask, hopeful.
"Remember, Number Boy, we're just dancing partners." I feel hurt for a second but then I smirk as she called me Number Boy. Tris runs out of the bar without a glance back.
I decide to head back home, hoping my "father" will be knocked out. My new house is just around the corner so I jog all the way back. I quickly jump through my bedroom window which still has boxes everywhere. My bed isn't even made yet since my "father" said I could sleep on the floor for a few nights. I strip down to my boxers and lay down on the floor, getting ready for a very uncomfortable nights sleep.