Invitation

Chapter5•

Invitation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caroline woke up with a massive headache, replaying the conversation she had with Klaus.

she heard a knock on the door.

Her hair was messy, she was wearing an old gray T shirt and sweat pants.

Rubbing her eyes she flashed downstairs to the door.

"Who is it now?" She half yelled out while opening the door.

Surprised to see Rebekah with crossed arms, clearly not pleased about something.

"Well, I see your still not up" She scanned Caroline up and down

"Ya well,.." Caroline looked down her watch "..I don't usually wake up at 7 in the morning" She groaned

"We need you to distract Marcel again. And make sure you get invited to the ball tonight, We need him distracted there too" Rebekah answered.

Caroline sighed "Ya sure, I'll just make him go to the ball with me." Sarcasm dripped in her voice.

Rebekah rolled her eyes. "You charmed Nik to some how ask you to the ball back in Mystic Falls. So charm Marcel and he might as well do the same."

"Charm?" I don't have any charm.

Rebekah looked down at her watch this time.

"I don't have time to tell you how to act. Just go to the grill around 4 this afternoon,.. That's usually when Marcel goes there."

Caroline just nodded sighing.

"Fine. Whatever, I'll be there"

when she was about to shut the door Rebekah spoke.

"Caroline...I don't know why you are doing this but, Thanks for helping. Truly"

Caroline just smiled and gave a kind nod before closing the door.

This will be a long day.

~~~~~~~~~

Mikaelson Mansion

Klaus was standing in his living room and staring at the fire. thinking about one thing that's been on his mind for the past week.

Caroline.

He couldn't help but feel like somethings wrong with her. Why does she push him away every time he tries to talk to her. Is she mad at him?

He heard a door close from afar.

"Nik!" Rebekah called out as she walked into the living room.

"What is it now little sister?" He wasn't in the mood to hear her problems with Marcel.

"Caroline's agreed to distract Marcel tonight and at the ball."

He felt jealousy boil in him again.

"What makes you so sure that he'll ask her anyway?"

"Oh, come on Nik. All she has to do is snap her fingers and all the guys bow down to her." She smirked wickedly. "Like you."

He froze on the spot, thinking how to answer.

"She means nothing to me." He said coldly

Rebekah just laughed "How many times are you going to tell me that lie Nik? I know you care for her. Don't get why though."

He turned to face her.

"Stop rambling nonsense Bekah, or i'll make sure you won't be able to anymore." He scowled but his reply only made Rebekah's smirk grow wider.

But truly, he does care for her...even more than he expected. He was also scared to admit to himself that he's in love with Caroline,

He tried to push those feelings away..but they always came back.

He doesn't want his family to know that he's in love with a pretty blonde vampire, Because then they'll start to think that he'll change because of love and stop the killing, the war, and start being a happy family once again.

but he wont change, he cannot change..It is too late to start a new life. He refuses to change because of...of...love.

But he will keep Caroline safe from Marcel, no matter what it takes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Masquerade Ball next >>>>