Part 2

Chapter 2

Morning at School...

As I walked into the school I could feel a certain person creeping up on me. "Goodmorning Yaretzi" Kaito patted my head. I slapped his hand right after he patted me, "I don't like to be touched or stalked by strangers".

"Jeez, it was just a 'Goodmorning' greeting" He sighed, "I guess you're not exactly the social type eh?". "No, I'm not and I'm happy that way" I went to go get a drink from the water fountain.

"I know we barely know eachother and stuff, what's your past like?" Kaito asked. My mind froze, all the names they called me in middle school....

'Stupid chicken girl! That poor little chicken! Why did she kill it anyway? Does she have anger issues? I bet that chicken isn't the first animal she's killed! It's not just the chicken either, it's the fact that she's so ugly! Just die! No one would miss you anyway!'

"I don't want to talk about it" I frowned. "Oh, uh, sorry! I shouldn't have bothered you with it" He scratched the back of his neck. "I'll make sure you have the greatest two years left of high school!" Kaito blushed.

'Why is he blushing so hard? Did I say something that was... attractive?'.

"I don't think it'll happen Kaito, I want to keep my distance from people. They'll just slow me down!" I raised my voice at him.

People started to stare, a girl from the crowd stepped in. "Leave him alone chicken girl!" She yelled. The old nickname from middle school...

'I want to fight back but my body isn't reacting'.

"C'mon Yaretzi, fight back!" She yelled again. "Stop Sakura, that's enough!" Kaito stepped in.

'Is she his girlfriend or something?'.

"Excuse my sister. She's being overprotective" He apologized.

'Now that he said it, they do look alike'.

"This is why I don't get involved with people Kaito" I walked forward. "Yaretzi! Wait up!" He said. "If I were you I wouldn't waste your time on chicken girl" Sakura set a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't call her that Sakura. Stop treating me like a child" Kaito ran to me.

'Why doesn't this guy understand that I don't like people. Especially people like him'.

He catches up to me. "Just leave me alone! Please..." I walked faster. "Yaretzi. I just want to help you see the brighter things in life and I want to show you the world outside" Kaito grabbed my hand.

"I've always wanted to experience all the things in life, like you said. I want to experience them myself" I said. "Although we've only known eachother for a day, it feels like I know you better than anyone else. I too, went through what you're talking about" Kaito let my hand go.

"A special person tought me how to get out of my shell" Kaito said. "Yeah, well I don't want you to be my special person" I crossed my arms. "Then keep looking" He walked away.

'Why was I so rude to him? Who cares, I got him off my shoulder, now it can go back to the way it used to be'.