Part 13

Chapter 13

Saturday Afternoon...

My mom zipped up the zipper that sealed my dress. "Thanks mom" I said. "No problem. All of us will be at ceremony, I want you and Kaito to be at the ballroom and set up." Mom closed the room door.

'I wonder what Kaito will think of my dress...*Yells inside* why am I suddenly starting to care about him?'

I looked toward the mirror. My coral colored dress went well with the silver sparkly shoes. Someone fiddled with the door nob, "Sorry to interfere Yari, but I was wondering if you have a charger with you?".

"Give me a second Kai" I said. I opened the door, "In my bag there should be a white charger that has a 'Y' on it". Kaito froze and blushed, "You look really good".

I looked down and put my hair behind my ear. "Thanks Kaito, you look pretty good too". He rummaged through my things and pulled out a white thin charger.

"I look forward to dancing with you tonight" He smiled. "You're not laying a single hand on me!" I hissed. He patted my head and hugged me, "I'm sorry if you find it weird, I just couldn't help myself".

My cheeks go bright red, "A short hug is fine.". Kaito let go, "We should be leaving now, that is if you're ready?". "You can go turn on he car, I still need to grab a sweater and my camera" I said.

He left as I sat on the bed starring at the rug.

'Kaito's trying to act cute. Jokes on him, he can't trick me into his little game! I'll outsmart the damn idiot!'

I double checked that I had everything, including my diary, and scurried out the door. The sunlight nearly made me go blind. "About time you came" Kaito smirked. "Get that damn smirk off your face, you idiot!" I roared.

"Stop stalling Yari, we need to get to the ballroom quickly before everyone shows up" He pointed at me.

"You started it you stupid son of a-"

"So what does that diary have inside?" Kai kept his eyes on the road. "My thoughts I guess..." I cooled down a little bit from the anger. "What kind of thoughts? Like your sexual orientation? Crushes?" He quickly spoke.

"No! I write how my day went and who or what I was experiencing that day with" I said. "In my diary, I write my dreams and experiences too!" He exclaimed.

'What would someone like Kaito possibly write?'

I was lost in my thoughts, I didn't realize that we were at the ballroom. I grabbed some of the boxes from the back of the car and carried them inside.

1 hour Time Skip...

Kaito and I were just finishing up the chocolate fountain and food area. Mom, Dad, Rika, Naoki, and my cousins all came in. "Little sis! This looks awesome!" Rika hugged me.

"Thanks. I had a little bit of help from Kaito too" I looked over at him. "Thank you Kaito" Rika hugged him as well. "You two did a pretty good job. Even better than we planned to be honest" Naoki said.

'Naoki is my sister's husband by the way'

Time Skip To the Actual Party...

'So many people showed up, from both our side of the family and Naoki's side. Maybe...too many people'

"I'm gonna go grab a soda, want one?" Kaito stood up from his seat. Before I could answer Rika came rushing to the table. Her facial expression looked worried.

"I'm gonna need someone at the piano soon. Siji couldn't make it" She stammered. "Oh, u-umm, I can play for you" I said.

"Do you even know how to play the pian-" Kaito asked.

"Yes. You've just never seen me play it" I said.

Rika sighed with relief, "Thanks, I'll need you to be up there in an hour".